News for faculty and staff
Let campus professionals know of students having difficulties
UA's "Help a Zip" program is designed to alert a team of professionals about a student who is having difficulties. As we approach the holiday season, and final exams, anyone, a professional, faculty, or student, can submit a referral about a student.
Examples of issues that can be reported include:
- poor attendance – including missing the first week of class
- repeatedly missed assignments
- poor grades on exams, assignments and projects
- personal problems
- financial issues
Members of Akron and UA communities featured on ‘UA to Z’
The “UA to Z” radio show hosted by Larry Burns, vice president for advancement, along with Willy Kollman, associate director of alumni and government relations, airs Saturdays from 10 to 11 a.m. on 1590 WAKR-AM.
Brand toolbox includes refreshed PowerPoint, stationery and other goodies
The Department of University Communications and Marketing has revised UA’s brand standards and refreshed many visual elements to reflect the designation of The University of Akron as Ohio’s Polytechnic University.
Items recently added to the toolbox include:
- Microsoft Word letterhead templates for both Polytechnic and University Seal branded stationery.
- PowerPoint templates for all academic colleges, UA sites and University Libraries.
Looking for something? Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
► Related: UA's polytechnic site