- Academic Policies (APC)
- Recommends and interprets academic policy on university-wide matters. Recommends changes for the improvement of the academic program of the university.
- Accessibility Committee
- Reviews and recommends policies regarding disability and accessibility issues that relate to the academic function of the university, including academic policies which apply to faculty or students, and reports these to the Senate for action.
- Advises faculty senate on all university activities and coordinates with other faculty senate committees relating to intercollegiate athletics. Provides advice and counsel to the director of athletics. Promotes academic achievement among student athletes.
- Computing & Communications Technologies (CCTC)
- Advises on policy matters regarding utilization of information technology related to academic systems, electronic systems acquisition, budget, and other matters affecting academic areas.
- Curriculum Review (CRC)
- Reviews university curricula such as course changes, proposals, new programs, the mechanics of admission; recommends such changes and revisions for inclusion in the general bulletin.
- - Distance Learning Review Committee (DLRC)*
- DLRC shall be responsible for reviewing curriculum change proposals that include distance learning components.
- - General Education Advisory Committee (GEAC)*
- GEAC shall be responsible for reviewing curriculum change proposals that affect general education requirements.
- - University Review Committee (URC)*
- URC shall be responsible for reviewing curriculum change proposals from a comprehensive, university-wide perspective. This review shall consider, among other things, the appropriateness of the academic unit offering the course(s) or program(s) and the effect the proposal may have on academic units in other colleges.
- Faculty Research
- Recommends the budgeting of sums of the university's support of faculty research proposals to be funded by this committee. Establishes policies for funding proposals ans reviews research proposals submitted by faculty and grants university funds in support of those proposals deemed worthy.
- Reviews legislation referred to it by the faculty senate.
- Student Affairs
- Recommends policy, subject to approval of faculty senate, regarding the granting of scholarships, awards, grants, and loans to university students. Proposes regulations concerning all extracurricular activities (except athletics) to faculty senate.
- University Libraries
- Advisory group to the Dean of University Libraries to express faculty will in growth and development of the academic support which the Library supplies including acquisitions, budget, and policy.
- Ad hoc Committee on Part-time Faculty Issues
- To develop and consider recommendations for the rights and responsibilities of part-time faculty including measures to improve morale and academic effectiveness and to consider the possibility of creating a permanent standing committee of the Faculty Senate on part-time faculty issues.
* DLRC, GEAC, and URC are subcommittees of CRC.
N.B. - You do not need to be a member of CRC to be appointed to one of its subcommittees.
N.B. - Your appointment to a committee will be through August 2015
Updated: 25 June 2012.