The Department of Geology is well equipped to obtain high-quality sediment samples from a variety of depositional environments including lakes, coastal ocean, caves, and glacial deposits.
Inflatable pontoon raft with 4,000 lbs of bouyancy and central coring hole.
4 person Zodiac boat and motor with GPS-fathometer.
Piston and square-rod corers, casing, and related coring equipment.
- Structural Geology and Geomechanics
- Sedimentary Geology and Environmental Magnetics
- Mineralogy/Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
- Terrestrial Recordings of Climate Change
- Equipment and Laboratory Facilities