TREC - Environmental Geology
Includes the study of the source, migration, and natural attenuation of anthropogenic contaminants introduced into the environment. The interactions between contaminants and minerals naturally occurring organic substances are also investigated.
Includes the study of the consequences of chemical weathering, chemical composition of surface and ground water, geochemical cycles, and the disposal of radioactive waste.
- Structural Geology and Geomechanics
- Sedimentary Geology and Environmental Magnetics
- Mineralogy/Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
- Terestrial Recordings of Climage Change
- Equipment and Laboratory Facilities