Close to graduating? Here’s what you need to do to get in that cap and gown.
Check DARS (or Degree Audit Reporting System) via My Akron to see how close you are to graduating. Here’s how:
- Go to My Akron. Log in.
- Click on the My Experience tab.
- Click on the DARS logo to access your audit.
- Click on the “Run” button, and then the “Open Audit” button to see the hours you’ve earned, GPA, academic record and any requirements remaining to be filled.
See also: How to read your DARS audit. Questions? Contact your academic adviser.
All-important Graduation Checklist
- Meet with your academic adviser to verify that you’re on track to meet your degree requirements.
- Apply for graduation in My Akron. Click on “Student Center.” In the drop-down menu in the “Academics” section, select “Apply for Graduation” and follow the prompts. You will receive a confirmation when your application is successfully submitted, along with a reminder to review the Commencement Activities Calendar for the term you have applied to graduate.
- Check your University e-mail regularly for important graduation information.
- Visit the Career Center for information on internships/co-ops, career planning and job search preparation.
- Head to the Student Union or Polsky Building bookstores to get your cap, gown and tassel.
- Visit this website for additional information regarding graduation.
Approximately one month after your graduation, the posting of conferred degrees to academic records will be completed.
- Be sure to request in advance via My Akron your official academic transcript with your recently conferred degree.
- Diplomas are distributed approximately six weeks after graduation. Refer to Important Dates and Notices on the Graduation Services page for the diploma distribution date.