Members of the Advancement Council are highly valued advocates and ambassadors for the programs within the College of Creative & Professional Arts and the College of Health Sciences & Human Services at The University of Akron.
- The group meets three times a year. Informal and enjoyable, the meetings acquaint members with the programs and people throughout the College. A delicious meal is included.
- Council members also receive VIP invitations to special events, many of which feature outstanding performances, lectures, and other appealing programs.
- Advancement Council members have been invited to personally meet and attend performances with award-winning composers Marvin Hamlisch and Randy Newman, Boston Pops conductor Keith Lockhart, dance choreographers David Parsons and Doug Varone, theatre director Marshall Mason, and singer Maureen McGovern, and to attend the opening reception for the Yoko Ono art exhibition.
- The requested contribution for participation on the Advancement Council is $1,000 annually.
Interested in joining? Contact Kyle Kutuchief at 330-972-8590 or KyleK@uakron.edu
Making Life Better for Individuals and Communities
UA College of Health Sciences & Human Services
- Members as of November 2009 -
Mary Ann Jackson, Chair
Karen Krino, Vice Chair
Drs. Mark and Sandy Auburn
Bill and Sue Bennett
Dr. Richard and Virginia Wojno Forney
Laura Lee Garfinkel
Nick and Ruthie George
Ted and Teresa Good
President Emeritus Dominic J. Guzzetta
Jim and Louise Harvey
Herb and Lorna Hurd
Dr. Tom and Mary Ann Jackson
Jim and Maureen Kovach
Karen Krino and Gary Rickel
Michael and Susan Malyuk
Jim and Peggy McClusky
Dolores Parker Morgan
Dr. Yale and Elinor Palchick
Guy and Renée Pipitone
Dr. John PopplestoneDana PulkDr. Pat and Katherine ReillyPeter and Nan RyersonJim and Claudia Sawyer
Patty SchwalbachMarilyn SholtisJohn and Janet SoursMary Jane StanchinaNancy StillwagonWilliam Waldman
College of Health Sciences and Human Services