Admission to the Honors College
Your Honors College application is your chance to show off, and it gains you entrance into a community of learning that will inspire and challenge you.
First consideration is given to applicants who meet the following criteria
- High school cumulative GPA of at least 3.50, including participation in Honors, AP, or IB classes
- ACT composite score of at least 27,
or SAT combined score of at least 1800
- Excellent high school rank in class
- For transfer or UA continuing students, a 3.60 or above cumulative grade-point average at the college level
Additional factors considered for Honors College admission and scholarship include leadership potential, motivation, and intellectual curiosity.
To join the Honors College
- First: Apply to UA.
- Next: Apply to the Honors College.
- Submit a list of your awards, achievements, and activities.
- Submit an essay. Essay questions are provided on the application.
- Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged.
- If selected, interview with a college representative.
- Nov. 1 - Early Honors College application (non-binding) and scholarship consideration deadline
- Feb. 1 - Standard Honors College admission and scholarship consideration deadline
Apply for scholarships
In addition to scholarships awarded by The University of Akron, the Honors College offers several scholarships. Students who are admitted to the Honors College will be invited to a Scholarship Interview.
- Scholarship Friday, Nov. 30, 2012
- Scholarship Friday, Feb. 22, 2013