SUMMER and FALL 2015
News for incoming Honors College students
The Honors Leadership Summit Programs
Sponsored by the Honors College and the College of Business Administration, the Honors Leadership Summit Program offers a half day of leadership training for new Honors College students. All students who live within two hours driving time of the Akron campus are required to complete an afternoon session during the summer. See the schedule below.
► Registration for an Honors Leadership Summit during the summer of 2015 is now available: Complete the form you find upon selecting this link.
Once a session is filled, the session will no longer appear on the registration site.
Each session will be filled on a first-come basis. Registration is required of all incoming Honors College students living within a two hour drive of the Akron campus. Participation is also required of continuing UA students who are joining the Honors College in Fall, 2015.
Each incoming Honors College student is required to attend the special session on August 29 at the beginning of the fall semester. Each summer session will be limited to 125 new Honors College students. Unless otherwise specified, the sessions listed below will be held in the Honors Common Room in the Honors Complex.
Each session will include a keynote speaker and smaller working group sessions. Lunch begins at 12:30 p.m. for each summer session:
- Isil Nugay from Apple Inc., Thursday, 1-4:30 p.m., July 23.
- Honors alumna Lynn Lalley Waggers from LifeBanc, Thursday, 1-4:30 p.m., July 30
- UA Alumnus Alex Modon from SilverPush Inc., Thursday, 1-4:30 p.m., August 6
- Honors alumnus, Jon-Michael Durkin from Google Inc., Thursday, 1-4:30 p.m., August 13
- Plus: Special required session for ALL new Honors students: Saturday, August 29, at the beginning of the fall semester. At Akron's Civic Theatre. The doors open at 1 p.m. and the address will begin at 1:30 p.m. Bring your student ID to register your attendance.
Mr. Mark T. Smucker, President and Director U.S. Coffee Retail, The J.M. Smucker Company.
Summer New Student Orientation for Honors College students
At orientation, you will have the opportunity to become better acquainted with the Honors College staff, as well as complete your fall course schedule! If you haven't already done so, register at the University web site at this link: NSO
Orientation days for incoming Honors College students are scheduled about once a week through May-July. When you contact the Office of New Student Orientation, you will be directed to reserve an orientation time on one of those days. In general, the earlier you attend, the easier it is to register for Fall semester classes.