Welcome to HealthQuest!
The University of Akron is pleased to announce its newest employee wellness initiative program, HealthQuest. HealthQuest is designed to help employees learn about their basic health indicators like blood pressure, body mass index, body composition, lipid profile (cholesterol), and blood glucose levels. Employees and their spouses (or same-sex domestic partners) who are enrolled in an University medical insurance plan are both eligible for a $120 financial incentive.
To participate in HealthQuest and be eligible for the financial incentive, you need to complete four steps :
- Main Campus screenings will be conducted Wednesday, February 9 and Friday, March 11. Both screens will be held in Student Union Ballroom B.
- Wayne Campus screenings will be conducted on Friday, February 18 at the Student Life Building.
2. Remember to fast for eight hours before your scheduled health screening.
- “Fast” means not to eat or drink food or liquids (with the exception of water which is allowed) before you take your health screening.
- If you forget to fast or accidentally eat within eight hours before the health screening, you will need to reschedule your appointment.
3. Complete your scheduled health screening.
You’re done! If you’ve completed both the health screening and online health survey, the $120 will appear in your April 30th paycheck for monthly employees, or May 6th for biweekly employees. If you and your spouse has also completed all of these steps, $240 will be added to your paycheck.
The last day to participate in HealthQuest is March 31, 2011.
HealthQuest Information Presentation
SummaCare and a HR representative will be presenting during the following times. Employees are encouraged to attend and ask any HealthQuest related questions during the times listed.
Tuesday, February 8
12:00 PM in the Simmons Hall Auditorium
“Ask the HealthQuest Expert” Sessions
SummaCare and a HR representative will be available for several “Ask the Expert” sessions during the following times. Employees are encouraged to ask any HealthQuest related questions during the times listed. No formal presentation will be conducted.
Tuesday, February 8
9:00 AM to 10:30 AM in the Bierce Library Room 61
10:45 AM to 11:30 AM in the College of Business, Bowers Conference Room, Suite 432
1:30 PM to 3:00 PM in the Administrative Services Building, Room 130B
Monday, February 14
9:00 AM to 2:00 PM at Wayne College