Part I - Approve a Job Opening
To obtain approval to fill a job opening, you will want to determine type of position needed, provide rationale on why the job vacancy is a necessity, verify budget availability, develop a recruitment strategy, and secure signature approvals.
View guidelines for Part-time Faculty Hires and Other Approved Hire Methods.
Where to begin…
Part 1 of the Hire Process Manual details the following areas:
- Complete a Separation PAF to encumber funds for an existing position vacancy
- Conduct a job assessment
- Select a Position Description or Classification Specification
- Complete a Job Requisition Form
- For search committee members involved in developing a search plan, attend a Search Planning Information Session BEFORE filling out the Search Plan form
- PAF Process Manual
- Mini Module: Forming a Search Committee
- Mini Module: What Every Search Committee Needs to Know About the Search Plan
- Mini Module: Writing a Job Advertisement
- Tips for Creating an Effective Job Advertisement