Employee Service Award Program
The University of Akron recognizes all employees who have reached the service milestones of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, and 40+ years of service. Each year the campus community is invited to attend a service award ceremony and reception honoring the recipients. All service award recipients are currently recognized with certificates and small gifts based on milestone years.
2014 Annual Service Awards Program
Congratulations to all employees who will reach a service milestone in 2014! This year's employee service award ceremony is scheduled for Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Quaker Square Grand Station Hall from 2:30pm to 4:30pm. The ceremony is open to the campus community.
2014 Program Booklet
If you would like to see names of the employees who are reaching service year milestones this year, review the online program booklet, which will be posted when it becomes available.
You will need your UAnet ID to access these Photos.
Eligibility and Determination
- The job status of an employee's hire date must reflect faculty, contract professional or staff employee for service year to be counted.
- An employee's Peoplesoft record(s) must be designated as "active status" and based on all years of "paid" employment to be included in any given year's service calculations.
- All "active status" full-time, part-time, regular, and temporary employees with five or more years of service are eligible for a service award.
- For purposes of the annual service award program only:
- Determination of an employee's inclusion in a specific award year is based on total years of service at The University of Akron. Total years of service is defined as service that is either continuous or a combination of years due to a break in service.
- Service eligibility is computed on a calendar year basis.
- An employee who works thirty-two weeks within a given year will receive credit for one (1) year of service. Employees who work less than thirty-two weeks will receive partial credit for the service year. Percentage of credit received will be determined by the number of weeks worked divided by fifty-two weeks.
- Service earned at other state agencies/institutions is not included when calculating award eligibility.
- Service accumulated from a graduate assistantship, as a student assistant, or as a temporary employee hired through an external agency is not included when calculating award eligibility.
- Any employee who terminates from the University prior to the pre-determined service award ceremony date is not eligible to receive a service award.
- Current employees who previously retired from the University are not eligible to receive a service award.
We never want to intentionally exclude anyone from getting acknowledged for the years of service the individual has given to the University. Unfortunately, mistakes do happen. If you think you have enough years of service to be included in this year's service awards but have not received an invitation letter, please contact us via email at email@example.com. Be sure to include your Employee ID and the UA hire date(s) of employment that you want to have verified.