Dr. Teresa J. Cutright
Title: Associate Professor
Dept/Program: Civil Engineering
Office: ASEC 215
- Ph.D(1994) University of Akron
- MSChE(1992) University of Akron
- BSChE(1990) University of Akron
- Contaminated Soils and Sediments
- Environmental applications
- 523 Chemistry for Environmental Engineers
- 526 Environmental Engineering Design
- 631 Soil Remediation
- 635 Air Pollution Control
- 731 Bioremediation
- 321 Introduction to Environmental Engineering
- 323 Water Supply and Pollution Control
- 390 Civil Seminar
- 423 Chemistry for Environmental Engineers
- 426 Environmental Engineering Design
Selected Publications (out of 75)
- T.J. Cutright, H. van Keulen, Phytoremediation of heavy metal contaminated media, Heavy Metal Pollution, Brown SE, Welton, WC (Editors), Nova Publishing, 2008 (ISBN 978-1-60456-899-8).
- Liebig, E.W., Cutright, T.J. The investigation of enhanced bioremediation through the addition of macro and micro nutrients in a PAH contaminated soil. International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation, 44(1): 55-64, 1999.
- Chen, H., Cutright, T.J. EDTA and HEDTA effects on Cd, Cr, and Ni uptake by Helianthus annuus. Chemosphere 45(1): 21-28, 2001.
- Hwang, S., Cutright, T.J. Biodegradability of aged pyrene and phenanthrene in a natural soil. Chemosphere, 47(9): 891-899, 2002.
- Turgut, C., Pepe, M.K., Cutright, T.J. Effect of EDTA and citric acid on phytoremediation of heavy metals from soil. Environ. Poll. 131(1): 147-154, 2004.
- Xu, Q., Barrios, C.A., Cutright, T.J., Newby, B.Z. Toxicity evaluation of capsaicin and zosteric acid and their potential applications as antifoulants. Environmental Toxicology, 20(5): 467-474 2005.
- Ramaswamy, S., Cutright, T.J., Qammar, H.K. Control of a continuous bioreactor using model predictive control. Process Biochemistry, 40(8): 2763-2770, 2005.
- Pu, X, Cutright, TJ., Sorptive behavior of PCP on SOM and clay minerals. Chemosphere 64(6): 972-983, 2006.
- Van Keulen, H., Wei, R., Cutright, T.J. Arsenate-induced expression of a class III chitinase in the Dwarf sunflower Helianthus annuus. Environ Exp Botany, 63(1-3): 281-288, 2008.
- Hasintha, C., van Keulen, H., Cutright, T., Wei, R. Differential expression of proteins induced by lead in Helianthus annuus. Phytochemistry, 71: 1460-1465, 2010.
- Cutright, T.J., Mahoney, M., Franey, K, Patnaik, A. Carbon footprint assessment of polypropylene fiber reinforced concrete floors, International Journal Constructed Environment, 3(1): 73-83, 2013.
- Cutright, T.J., Pasetto, P, Difference in American and French undergraduate students' perception and attitudes towards science and education, Educational Research 4(3): 273-285, 2103.
- With S. Lee, U.S. Patent No.: 5,427,944, "Bioremediation of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon Contaminated Soil," June 27, 1995.
- With S. Lee, U.S. Patent No.: 5,508,194, "Nutrient Medium for the Bioremediation of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon Contaminated Soil," April 16, 1996.
Honors and Awards:
- 1999 - Honorary Member, Golden Key National Honor Society.
- 2002 - Editor’s Award Journal Environmental Engineering, for outstanding service to the organization and profession.
- 2004 - Inducted to Iota Sigma, Honor Society Women Chemists.
- 2004 - 2005 Outstanding Curricular Advisor, University of Akron.
- 2004 - 2007 Session chair, BST SBIR panels for NIH.
- 2006 - 2010 subject editor, Journal Soil & Sediments.
- 2007 - present, Associate Editor, Environmental Science Pollution Research.
- 2007 – 2012, Fulbright Senior Specialist Roster.
- 2008 - present, Editorial board, Open Environmental Engineering Journal.
- 2011 – present, Editorial board, ISRN Soil Science.
- 2012 – present, Editorial board, Chemosphere.
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers, 1990-present.
- American Chemical Society, 1991-present.
- Society of Women Engineers, 1994-present.
- Association of Environmental Engineering Professors, 1995-2002.
- American Society for Engineering Education, 1998-present.
Ph.D(1994) University of Akron; MSChE(1992) University of Akron; BSChE(1990) University of Akron