ADVANCE: Two-day multicultural new student orientation
What is ADVANCE?
ADVANCE is a special two-day orientation program for multicultural students at The University of Akron. Participants meet with current UA students, faculty, and administrators who help students learn how to identify and handle the challenges typically encountered in the freshmen year.
Benefits of ADVANCE
- Experiencing an overnight stay in a residence hall
- Participation in interactive informational sessions
- Review of the financial aid process
- Meet other multicultural students
- Learn more about the support services offered at The University of Akron
Summer 2014 - session dates
- Tuesday, May 20 - Wednesday, May 21, 2014
- Thursday, May 22 - Friday, May 23, 2014
- Tuesday, June 10 - Wednesday, June 11, 2014
- Monday, June 23 - Tuesday, June 24, 2014
- Tuesday, July 15 - Wednesday, July 16, 2014
- Tuesday, July 29 - Wednesday, July 30, 2014
How to sign up for ADVANCE
To sign-up for ADVANCE, please call 330-972-6239.