UA Martin Luther King Jr. Day Activities Fair is Jan. 2101/09/2013
Fun and learning are combined for area students at the annual activities fair.
The University of Akron will host a Martin Luther King Jr. Activities Fair on Monday, Jan. 21, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the UA Student Union Ballroom.
This annual event features more than 25 student and community organizations that will provide activities for area students in grades K-12 that encourage nonviolence, civic responsibility, respect for differences and the importance of education.
Activities will include:
- face painting
- jewelry making, balloons and treats
- coloring and crafts
- biographical information on Martin Luther King Jr.
- historical information on the Civil Rights Movement
- information about various organizations
- Buchtel High CLC Step Team and Rygt Step Urban Line Dancers
- Martin L. King Jr. pictorial gallery and other visual displays
For more information, e-mail email@example.com or call 330-972-7008.
Media contact: Sarah Lane, 330-972-7429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.