- Employed (1984-1985) at Arnold/McKinnon Agency as a graphic designer in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. Left Arnold/McKinnon to take a position as a graphic designer with The University of Akron Institutional Marketing Department (1985-present). Have taught graphic design classes for several semesters at The University of Akron, Myers School of Art.
- Born and raised in Akron, Ohio. Currently live thirty minutes east of Akron in Randolph, Ohio.
- Master of Art in Education, Higher Education Administration, May 2007
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree, Graphic Design, May 1984
- Associate Degree, Commercial Art, May 1981
Length of employment at UA:
- 1992 - 5th District Addy Award: College of Fine and Applied Arts promotional brochure
- 1992 - Akron Addy Award: College of Fine and Applied Arts promotional brochure
- 1989 - Bronze Akron Addy Award: Illustration for Akron Magazine
- 1987 - Silver Akron Addy Award: Case 5 promotional material
- 1986 - Silver Akron Addy Award: Tune Up album cover
- 1986 - Case Gold Medal Award: After Class newsletter
- Significant other - Rita Shaffer
- Mother - Judy Harwell, brothers Todd and Greg, sister Amy
- Caddy Shack, great comedy involving golf.