Study at a nationally recognized STEM-intensive university!
At The University of Akron, choose from nearly 200 undergraduate academic programs! We offer associate and bachelor's degrees, as well as accelerated programs where you can earn your bachelor's and master's in just five years.
Most popular majors for international students
- Business administration
- Computer science and other IT fields
- Engineering technology
- Math (including applied math)
- Natural sciences, including biology, chemistry and related fields
- Respiratory therapy technology
- The College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering is home to the WORLD’s LARGEST polymer academic program and greatest concentration of polymer expertise.
- Only 2% of business schools worldwide have dual AACSB accreditation in business and accounting – UA’s College of Business Administration is one of them.
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek ranked UA’s College of Business Administration as one of the best undergraduate business schools in the U.S. for the sixth consecutive year in 2014.
- The UA College of Engineering is the fourth fastest growing engineering college in the U.S.
EducationUSA is a U.S. Department of State network of over 400 international student advising centers in more than 170 countries. The network promotes U.S. higher education to students around the world by offering accurate, comprehensive, and current information about opportunities to study at accredited postsecondary institutions in the United States.
EducationUSA also provides services to the U.S. higher education community to help institutional leaders meet their recruitment and campus internationalization goals. EducationUSA is your official source on U.S. higher education.