INTERNATIONAL Students & GLOBAL Nomads
UA IN YOUR EYES
Calling all shutterbugs! We want to see The University of Akron through you. Submit your best Akron photos from now until APRIL 1st for a chance to win!
You will also have a chance to have your photo framed and displayed on campus or posted online.
- SNAP A PHOTO: Take photos of University of Akron scenes, activities and events.
- CHOOSE A CATEGORY: You can enter your photo under any one of the four categories described below.
- SUBMIT: Post your photos to Instagram. See “How to Enter” below.
- DUE DATE: All entries must be submitted by April 1, 2018.
- Finalists will be announced April 9th
- Category finalists will be framed and featured in the Student union, campus-wide voting will decide the Grand Prize winners.
- Grand prize winners will be announced on April 16th.
- The official entry period is from March 1, 2018 until April 1, 2018 (11:59 p.m. EST).
- This contest is open to all International students and Global Nomads (students with US citizenship who lived in another country at the time of application to UA).
- Winners must be enrolled in classes at The University of Akron during the Spring 2018 term.
- Best Selfie on Campus: What does your typical day look like? Take us behind the scenes.
- Favorite spot on campus: Where do you like to hang out? What do you think is the most beautiful spot on campus?
- Best demonstration of UA pride: Are you attending a basketball game, baseball, art show or campus event? Show us your UA pride!
- Off-Campus: Field trips, internships, Alternative Spring Break adventures, local excursions, and more.
HOW TO ENTER
- Follow @internationalcenter.uakron on Instagram
- Ensure that your Instagram account is set to ‘public’ for the duration of the contest.
- Post a photo for one or more of the categories.
- Add a caption with a description of your photo.
- Add a hashtag to note your home country. For example, if you are from China, add #China.
- Add the #UAInternationalPhoto hashtag to enter the contest.
- Add one of the following hashtags to tell us which category you are entering:
- Multiple entries for the same category are not valid – if an entrant submits more than one entry for a category, only the entry that is posted first will be eligible to win.
PRIZES FOR EACH CATEGORY
- Grand Prize: The first place winner (4 people) in each category will have the opportunity having lunch with President Wilson or play basketball with President Wilson.
- Second Place: The second place winners (4 people) in each category will receive a UA bookstore gift card worth $10.
- Third Place: The third place winners (4 people) in each category will receive a Starbucks gift card worth $5.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- A panel of UA students and employees will select the top 3 finalists in each category from all eligible entries received during the entry period.
- This selection will be conducted on or about April 6, 2018. The potential winners will be contacted by private message on Instagram on or about two (2) business days after the selection to verify eligibility.
- The photos submitted by potential winners will be enlarged, framed, and displayed in the Student Union during the week of April 9th.
- The campus will have an opportunity to vote on the photo that best represents each category.
- Results for the grand prize, first place, and second place will be announced on or about April 16, 2018.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
By participating in this contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the University Officials, which are final in all matters relating to this drawing, and the laws of the State of Ohio. A prize won by an eligible minor will be awarded to a parent or legal guardian. By entering, you authorize UA, in its sole discretion, to share your entry on its social media pages (Twitter, Instagram and Facebook), official website, and Brightspace.
Entries may not contain any image or depiction of the following: (i) materials which include or constitute trademarks, trade names or copyrighted works created or owned by any person or entity other than entrant or for which the entrant has obtained owner’s written permission to use; (ii) materials bearing profanities, or bearing the name or likeness of any celebrity, living or dead; (iii) materials which contain visible identifiable or potentially identifiable information, including but not limited to, phone numbers, website links, street addresses, email addresses or license plate numbers; (iv) inappropriate behavior for a general audience; (v) any depiction of real or simulated sexual acts; (vi) violence in any form; (vii) materials which violate anyone’s reasonable privacy expectations, violate any known agreement, or which are defamatory in nature; (viii) materials which are derogatory to UA, or any affiliated entity or person; (ix) materials which are discriminatory based on race, religion, national origin, physical disability, age, sex, or sexual orientation or preference; and, (x) materials which do not comply with all other requirements in these Official Rules. Submissions that do not conform to these guidelines will be deleted and no entry will be generated.
UA reserves the right to reject or disqualify any photo which UA, at its sole discretion, determines to be inconsistent with the letter or spirit of the Official Rules or potentially damaging to its, the Contest’s, or another’s image or reputation. Once submitted, a photo cannot be deleted, canceled or modified. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized Instagram account holder.
By participation in this drawing and/or accepting prize, all entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless The University of Akron, its Board of Trustees, directors, officers, employees and agents, including without limitation its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all claim, loss, damage or expense incurred with respect to the use of the photo submission, award, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize and/or participation in the challenge. By submitting the photo I am representing that I have the rights to the photo and have the legal right to transfer those rights to the University.
By submitting an entry, I give the University its assigns, licensees, and legal representatives, the irrevocable right to use the submitted photo for any commercial or marketing purposes without additional compensation, royalty free, in perpetuity, and agree to participate in publicity of the contest.