Welcome to Computer Based Assessment & Evaluation's (CBAE) Placement Testing Services at The University of Akron (UA). For your placement testing needs, please refer to the CBAE Test Center information below to assist you in planning your visit with us.
UA Main Campus - CBAE Test Center
Schrank Hall North 152
240 Carroll Street
Akron, OH 44325-5002
For directions and parking, use this interactive map below or visit the University of Akron Campus Map.
View Larger Map
- Hours: Visit Placement Testing Hours for current days and hours of operation. Important note, placement testing is unavailable if the University is closed due to inclement weather or other emergency situations. Visit the UA home page or Z-Alert on Twitter to view closing information, otherwise call 330-972-7669 or visit Campus Advisories for UA's current operating status.
- Admittance: Students are admitted to the Test Center on a walk-in, first-come, first-serve basis during our regular hours of operation. No appointment is necessary. Your photo ID and UA Enrollment Packet are required for admittance to the Test Center.
- Parking: Permit is required.
- For prospective students, please use the temporary parking permit received in your Enrollment Packet, which is valid up to and including your scheduled orientation date.
- We recommend parking in the Schrank Deck adjacent to the Test Center in Schrank Hall North 152, but we also suggest checking a few other parking locations in the vicinity in case the parking deck is full or closed, especially on weekdays.
- Photo Identification: A valid recognizable state or school issued photo identification is required to test. Name and photo on ID must be legible.
- Placement Testing Admittance Requirements: For admittance to the Test Center, new students are required to bring the following items:
- UA Enrollment Packet
- Photo ID
- For identification purposes, a photo ID, with legible name and photo, is an absolute must requirement to ensure admittance to the Test Center
- Pencil or pen for students taking the COMPASS Math placement test
- COMPASS Math Placement Test: The test center will provide a handheld COMPASS approved calculator and blank paper for students who are required to take the math placement test. An online calculator is also provided during the test.
- COMPASS Test Duration Time: Placement tests are untimed and based on individual skill levels, yet students typically take up to one hour for each test. Multiple tests may be taken in one seating. Please allow extra time in your schedule since tests are untimed.
- COMPASS Placement Test Scores: COMPASS placement test results are available when you meet with a UA Academic Advisor on your Orientation visit.
- COMPASS Placement Testing Information: Sample testing questions, tips, and calculator guidelines are on the COMPASS website.
- Computer Literacy Placement Test (CISBR): A one hour comprehensive test covering software fundamentals, computer concepts, and a basic knowledge of Windows. Currently CISBR testing is only available here at the UA Main Campus and Medina County University Center (MCUC) Test Centers.
- Accessibility Accomodations/IEP for Placement Testing at UA: If needed please contact our office at 330-972-6511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.