Midpoint Campus Center (MCC), a partnership between Lorain County Community College (LCCC) and The University of Akron (UA), offers on-site placement testing services for prospective UA students. For your placement testing needs, here is Test Center information you may find helpful as you plan your visit with MCC.
Midpoint Campus Center
50 Pearl Road
Brunswick, OH 44212
- Hours: Call 330-225-0042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for current days and hours of operation. Important note, placement testing is unavailable if the campus is closed due to inclement weather or other emergency situations. Visit the LCCC home page to view campus closing information or go to LCCC emergency notifications to receive text messages of campus closings or other emergencies on your cell phone.
- Appointment: Reservations are encouraged, but not required. Call 330-225-0042, email email@example.com, or visit in person to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome during regular hours of operation on a first-come, first-serve basis. Your photo ID and a print copy of your UA Advising and Registration Date email are required for admittance to the Test Center.
- Parking: Free.
- Remote/Satellite Test Fee: No charge.
- Photo Identification: Your valid recognizable state or school issued photo identification is required to test. Your name and photo on ID must be legible.
- Placement Testing Admittance Requirements: For admittance to the Test Center, new students are required to bring the following items:
- A print copy of your UA Advising and Registration Date email
- Your Photo ID
- For identification purposes, your photo ID is an absolute must requirement. Name and photo on ID must be legible.
- COMPASS Math Placement Test: The test center will provide a handheld COMPASS approved calculator and blank paper for students who are required to take the math placement test. In addition, an online calculator is provided during the test.
- COMPASS Test Duration Time: Placement tests are untimed and based on individual skill levels, yet students typically take up to one hour for each test. Multiple tests may be taken in one seating. Please allow extra time in your schedule since tests are untimed.
- COMPASS Placement Testing Information: Sample testing questions, tips, and calculator guidelines are on the COMPASS website.
- COMPASS Placement Test Scores: Placement test results are available through your UA Academic Advisor on your Orientation, Advising, and Registration Date visit.
- Computer Literacy Placement Test (CISBR): A one hour comprehensive test covering software fundamentals, computer concepts, and a basic knowledge of Windows. Currently CISBR testing is only available here at MCC, at the UA Main Campus, and UA Regional Test Centers.
- Accessibility Accomodations/IEP for Placement Testing at MCC: If needed please contact MCC at 330-225-0042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.