The University of Akron Lakewood, a state-of-the art facility offering the finest tech-enhanced and tech-supported community space in the city of Lakewood, and the Office of Computer Based Assessment and Evaluation have partnered to offer on-site placement testing services for prospective UA students. For your placement testing needs, and to plan your visit with UA Lakewood, please refer to the following Test Center information.
The University of Akron Lakewood
14725 Detroit Avenue, Suite 108 (1st floor of historic Bailey Building)
Lakewood, OH 44107
View Larger Map
- Hours: Call 216-221-1141 or email email@example.com for UA Lakewood's current days and hours of operation and to schedule an appointment. Important note, placement testing is unavailable if UA Lakewood (UAL) is closed due to inclement weather or other emergency situations. For UAL's current operating status, visit the university home page to view closing information, call 330-972-7669, or check UAL operating status through social media via Twitter or Facebook.
- Appointment: Testing by appointment only. Call 216-221-1141, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit in person to schedule a date and time to take your placement test(s). Your Photo ID and print copy of your Advising and Registration Date email are required for admittance to the Test Center.
- Parking: Fee applies.
- Remote/Satellite Test Fee: No charge.
- Photo Identification: Your valid recognizable state or school issued photo identification is required to test. Your name and photo on ID must be legible.
- Placement Testing Admittance Requirements: For admittance to the Test Center, new students are required to bring the following items:
- A print copy of your UA Advising and Registration Date email
- Your Photo ID
- For identification purposes, your photo ID is an absolute must requirement to guarantee admittance to the Test Center
- COMPASS Math Placement Test: The test center will provide a handheld COMPASS approved calculator and blank worksheet paper for students who are required to take the math placement test. In addition, an online calculator is available for use during the test.
- COMPASS Test Duration Time: Placement tests are untimed and based on individual skill levels, yet students typically take up to one hour for each test. Multiple tests may be taken in one seating. Please allow extra time in your schedule since tests are untimed.
- COMPASS Placement Testing Information: Sample testing questions, tips, and calculator guidelines are on the COMPASS website.
- COMPASS Placement Test Scores: Placement test results are available when you meet with a UA Academic Advisor on your Orientation, Advising, and Registration Date visit.
- Computer Literacy Placement Test (CISBR): A one hour comprehensive test covering software fundamentals, computer concepts, and a basic knowledge of Windows. Currently CISBR testing is only available on site here at UA Lakewood, UA Regional Test Centers, and UA Main Campus Test Center.
- Accessibility Accomodations/IEP for Placement Testing at UAL: If needed please contact UA Lakewood at 216-221-1141 or email email@example.com.