The University of Akron's Medina County University Center (MCUC), a state of the art higher education and technology enhanced facility, and the Office of Computer Based Assessment and Evaluation have partnered to offer on-site placement testing services for prospective UA students. For your placement testing needs, and to plan your visit with MCUC, please refer to the following Test Center information.
Medina County University Center
6300 Technology Lane
Medina, OH 44256
View Larger Map
- Hours: Call 330-721-2210 or email MCUC Test Center at firstname.lastname@example.org for current days and hours of operation. Important note, placement testing is unavailable if MCUC is closed due to inclement weather or other emergency situations. For MCUC's current operating status, visit the university home page to view closing information, call 330-972-7669, or check MCUC operating status through social media via Twitter or Facebook.
- Appointment: Reservations are encouraged, but not required. Call 330-721-2210, email email@example.com, or visit in person to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome during regular hours of operation on a first-come, first-serve basis. Your Photo ID and print copy of your Advising and Registration Date email are required for admittance to the Test Center.
- Parking: Free.
- Remote/Satellite Test Fee: No charge.
- Photo Identification: Your valid recognizable state or school issued photo identification is required to test. Your name and photo on ID must be legible.
- Placement Testing Admittance Requirements: For admittance to the Test Center, new students are required to bring the following items:
- A print copy of your UA Advising and Registration Date email
- Your Photo ID
- For identification purposes, your photo ID is an absolute must requirement to guarantee admittance to the Test Center
- COMPASS Math Placement Test: The test center will provide a handheld COMPASS approved calculator and blank paper for students who are required to take the math placement test. In addition, an online calculator is available for use during the test.
- COMPASS Test Duration Time: Placement tests are untimed and based on individual skill levels, yet students typically take up to one hour for each test. Multiple tests may be taken in one seating. Please allow extra time in your schedule since tests are untimed.
- COMPASS Placement Testing Information: Sample testing questions, tips, and calculator guidelines are on the COMPASS website.
- COMPASS Placement Test Scores: Placement test results are available through your UA Academic Advisor on your Orientation, Advising, and Registration Date visit.
- Computer Literacy Placement Test (CISBR): A one hour comprehensive test covering software fundamentals, computer concepts, and a basic knowledge of Windows. Currently CISBR testing is only available on site here at MCUC, UA Main Campus Test Center, and UA Regional Test Centers.
- Accessibility Accomodations/IEP for Placement Testing at MCUC: If needed please contact MCUC at 330-721-2210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.