The University of Akron (UA) Wayne College Holmes Campus offers on-site placement testing services for prospective UA students. For your placement testing needs, please refer to the Test Center information below for assistance in planning and scheduling your visit with UA Wayne College Holmes Campus.
UA Wayne College Holmes Campus
88-B East Jackson Street
Millersburg, OH 44654
View Larger Map
- Hours: Call 330-674-2514 or email HolmesCenter@uakron.edu for current days and hours of operation at UA Wayne College Holmes Campus Test Center. Important note, placement testing is unavailable if UA Wayne College Holmes Campus is closed due to inclement weather or other emergency situations. For current operating status, visit the university home page to view closing information, call 330-972-7669, or check UA Wayne College Holmes Campus operating status through social media via Twitter or Facebook.
- Appointment: Reservations are encouraged, but not required. Call 330-674-2514, email HolmesCenter@uakron.edu, or visit in person to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome during regular hours of operation on a first-come, first-serve basis. Your Photo ID and a print copy of your UA Advising and Registration Date email are required for admittance to the Test Center.
- Parking: Free.
- Photo Identification: Your valid recognizable state or school issued photo identification is required to test. Your name and photo must be legible.
- Placement Testing Admittance Requirements: For admittance to the Test Center, new students are required to bring the following items:
- A print copy of your UA Advising and Registration Date email
- Your Photo ID
- For identification purposes, your photo ID is an absolute must requirement to ensure admittance to the Test Center
- COMPASS Math Placement Test: The test center will provide a COMPASS approved calculator and blank paper for students who are required to take the math placement test. In addition, an online calculator is available for use during the test.
- COMPASS Test Duration Time: Placement tests are untimed and based on individual skill levels, yet students typically take up to one hour for each test. Multiple tests may be taken in one seating. Please allow extra time in your schedule since tests are untimed.
- COMPASS Placement Testing Information: Sample testing questions, tips, and calculator guidelines are on the COMPASS website.
- COMPASS Placement Test Scores: Available through your UA Academic Advisor on your Orientation, Advising, and Registration Date visit.
- Computer Literacy Placement Test (CISBR): A one hour comprehensive test covering software fundamentals, computer concepts, and a basic knowledge of Windows. Currently CISBR testing is available on-site at the UA Wayne College Holmes Campus, UA Main Campus, and UA Regional Test Centers.
- Accessibility Accomodations/IEP for Placement Testing at UA Wayne College Holmes Campus: If needed please contact UA Wayne College Holmes Campus office at 330-674-2514 or email HolmesCenter@uakron.edu.