The University of Akron (UA) Wayne College Holmes County Higher Education Center (HCHEC) offers on-site placement testing services for prospective UA students. For your placement testing needs, please refer to the Test Center information below for assistance in planning and scheduling your visit with Wayne College HCHEC.
Wayne College Holmes County Higher Education Center
88-B East Jackson Street
Millersburg, OH 44654
View Larger Map
- Hours: Call 330-674-2514 or email HolmesCenter@uakron.edu for current days and hours of operation at UA Wayne College HCHEC Test Center. Important note, placement testing is unavailable if HCHEC is closed due to inclement weather or other emergency situations. Visit the UA home page or Z-Alert on Twitter to view closing information, otherwise call 330-972-7669 or visit Campus Advisories for UA Wayne College HCHEC's current operating status.
- Appointment: Reservations are encouraged, but not required. Call 330-674-2514, email HolmesCenter@uakron.edu, or visit in person to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome during regular hours of operation on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students must bring their UA Enrollment Packet and a Photo ID to ensure admittance.
- Parking: Free.
- Photo Identification: A valid recognizable state or school issued photo identification is required to test. Name and photo must be legible.
- Placement Testing Admittance Requirements: For admittance to the Test Center, new students are required to bring the following items:
- UA Enrollment Packet
- Photo ID
- For identification purposes, a photo ID is an absolute must requirement to ensure admittance to the Test Center
- COMPASS Math Placement Test: The test center will provide a COMPASS approved calculator and blank paper for students who are required to take the math placement test. In addition, an online calculator is available for use during the test.
- COMPASS Test Duration Time: Placement tests are untimed and based on individual skill levels, yet students typically take up to one hour for each test. Multiple tests may be taken in one seating. Please allow extra time in your schedule since tests are untimed.
- COMPASS Placement Testing Information: Sample testing questions, tips, and calculator guidelines are on the COMPASS website.
- COMPASS Placement Test Scores: Available through your UA Academic Advisor on your Orientation visit.
- Computer Literacy Placement Test (CISBR): A one hour comprehensive test covering software fundamentals, computer concepts, and a basic knowledge of Windows. Currently CISBR testing is unavailable at HCHEC, and may only be taken at the UA Main Campus and Medina County University Center (MCUC) Test Centers.
- Accessibility Accomodations/IEP for Placement Testing at HCHEC: If needed please contact HCHEC office at 330-674-2514 or email HolmesCenter@uakron.edu.