Design & Development Services (DDS)
|News and Events|
Spring 2015 Designing and Developing Your Online Course Workshop
Springboard Faculty Steering Committee – Call for Members
Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR) workshop on November 14th
Register for a Free MOOC in Web Accessibility
Curious About Turning Technologies?
|Online Course Evaluations at The University of Akron|
What are they and why are they used?
Here at the University of Akron, Departments, Colleges, or Schools have the ability to administer their course evaluations online. There are numerous advantages to conducting course evaluations in an online environment:
Who sets them up?
The Design and Development Services team oversees requests to set up online course evaluations. These requests are often generated at the College, School, or Department level. Faculty members rarely request an online course evaluation to be set up specifically for them. If you’re not sure if you have an online course evaluations, please contact your department’s administrative assistant.
How are they administered?
1. As a faculty member, you can visit: https://learn.uakron.edu/evaluation
2. You will be required to authenticate using your UA credentials.
3. Once logged in, you will see a listing of courses that you are currently teaching that have evaluations setup online.
4. You will be able to see what the date ranges are for your individual course evaluations, whether or not it is currently open for students to complete, and when to expect any qualitative data report to be available.
5. From the student’s point of view, when they log into the course evaluation system, they will see a listing of their courses that have online evaluations available to complete. A student only needs to click on their course to start completing the evaluation.
6. Once they have clicked on a course, the evaluation will appear. Students must complete the evaluation and will not be able to change any of their responses once it has been submitted. Evaluations can only be completed once per course.
7. Students receive a verification that the course evaluation has been completed as it will appear under the list of Completed Evaluations.
Interested? Who do I contact?
You can email email@example.com to get started, or, contact your department’s administrative assistant. Demonstrations are available upon request.
Best Practices for Success:
Students are provided with a privacy statement:
The Course Evaluation System has been designed by the The University of Akron's Design and Development Services department. We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide will be anonymous and remain confidential in accordance with appropriate federal, state, and local laws. The system is maintained and resides within a secure area at the Computer Center, with system level access available only to Design and Development Services.
How can you be sure that your privacy is safe?