Applying the QM Rubric (APPQMR) Workshop
Who should attend?
Those who would benefit the most from this training include:
- Faculty members with experience teaching online;
- Instructional designers;
- Trainers; and
- Administrators who want to know more about QM and how to apply the process.
What is the format of the training?
The training takes place as either a full-day, face-to-face session or online. Information on the training schedule is available at the QM registration site. Please note that these sessions fill up quickly.
What Will You Learn?
You will learn about the QM Rubric and process, how to score the rubric, how to write effective recommendations, and how to apply the QM Rubric to an actual online course. Upon completion of the Applying the QM Rubric course, you will be able to:
- Identify the critical elements of the QM Rubric and process, materials, and administrative elements of the Quality Matters online course quality assurance program.
- Explain the QM scoring system.
- Apply the 2011-2013 QM Rubric to review online courses.
- Write useful recommendations for course improvement.
- Make decisions on whether a set of given scenarios meet the QM Rubric standards at a level of 85% or better.
- Identify aspects of your online course that now meet the QM standard(s) or that need improvement to meet the standards.