The ePortfolio tool in Springboard is a user-focused online portfolio tool that empowers users to take an active role in their learning. Users upload, organize, reflect on, revise, and present digital learning artifacts that demonstrate their learning and achievements.
The ePortfolio is:
- A personal repository of digital information
- An area to store artifacts that relate to personal interests, goals, education, achievement, etc.
- Collections demonstrating the user’s abilities and a platform for self-expression
- A learning record that provides evidence of achievement
Benefits to students include opportunities:
- for increased learning effectiveness
- to model professionalism
- to enhance information technology skills
- to gain academic credit for learning beyond the classroom
Benefits to faculty include opportunities:
- to leverage student motivation
- to align objectives and evaluation strategies
- for more fruitful advising, and to more efficiently manage student deliverables in distance courses
If you are interested in adding the ePortfolio to your Springboard course site(s), please contact Wendy Lampner.