Core Competencies-Oral Communication
Oral Communication is characterized by clear, persuasive, logical, and coherent presentation of information, ideas, and values to a specific audience. It can be described by the following set of learning outcomes. A student is able to …
- Synthesize primary and secondary sources for use in oral presentations with appropriate citation;
- Demonstrate vocal qualities (pace, inflection, volume, enunciation) and physical behaviors (gestures, stance, eye-contact, movement) that maintain audience interest;
- Give an oral presentation which is clear, confident, persuasive and uses language appropriate for different target audiences;
- Employ visual aids, when appropriate, to provide useful illustrations or examples; and
- Lead and participate effectively in group discussions and meetings.