UA Service-Learning is...
Service-Learning is a teaching and learning strategy that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities.
- The service-learning office in the Institute for Teaching and Learning exists to foster student engagement and enhance learning through service-learning at the University of Akron.
- Assistance integrating service-learning projects into coursework
- Training on the basics of service-learning
- Help building relationships with community partners
- Support through writing and implementing service-learning grant proposal
Message from Student Staff:
Congratulations to Dr. Beyerle's awesome presentation at the Council on Foundations conference! Her "presentation captured not only the substance of [her] work but the collaborative spirit that makes partnerships successful." -President of the National
Dr. Beyerle also presented in Canada at the Engagement Scholarship Consortium on Creating, Composing and Contriubuting through Service Learning in English Composition classes.
For more information contact:
Dr. Theresa S. Beyerle