Akron Law Commencement 2013 - May 19th, 2 p.m.
The Deans, Faculty, Staff and your Akron Law Alumni Association look forward to congratulating you and your family.
When: Sunday, May 19, 2013, 2 p.m.
Where: E.J. Thomas Performing Arts Hall (EJT).
Speaker: Hon. Maureen O’Connor, Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Ohio
Candidate Arrival: 12:45 p.m. at the Main Entrance Doors on Hill Street.
Attire: Professional attire is requested. Wear Robe and Tam upon arrival. Have a guest hold personal items such as purses or suit coats. Personal items are not to be left in the line-up area during the ceremony.
Registration: Held in the lobby of EJT — Final instructions on the line of march and seating will be given at registration.
- There is no rehearsal.
- All candidates are required to remain for the entire ceremony.
- Tickets are not required. Graduates may invite any number of guests.
- There is no ticketing on the day of Commencement. Graduates and their guests may park in any of the lots or decks near EJT.
- Theater doors open at 1 p.m. Guests should be seated by 1:45 p.m.
- Handicapped guests who require special seating arrangements should notify Melissa Paul of EJT at 330.972.6316
- When: Immediately following ceremony until approximately 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Goodrich & Robertson Lobbies of EJT.
- Who May Attend: All invited guests of graduates.
- Please RSVP by April 2nd, for count purposes only, by completing the Mandatory Law Graduation Survey sent to the email address on file with the Law School. Reception is provided by the School of Law & Law Alumni Association.
- A copy of the Law Commencement Program will be distributed in your Graduate Packet following the ceremony.
Cap & Gown Order
- Attend the Grad Fair in the Law School Atrium to purchase your Regalia and other Graduation items. March 13th, from 2:30pm to 6:30pm.
- Robe & Tam are to be worn upon arrival to the Commencement ceremony.
- Hood will be given to you during the ceremony.
- If you are borrowing your regalia, you may only borrow from an Akron Law graduate from 2009 - 2012 as styles have changed from previous years. Make sure the hood is given to Mr. Anthony Colucci, 136G, no later than April 26th. The Dean's Office Receptionist will have a card to attach your name to your hood.
- All financial obligations due the Cashier’s Office and/or Library must be reconciled prior to degree conferral.
- Keys issued in your name must be returned before the end of exam period to Anthony Colucci.
- Any requests for reimbursements must be submitted to Mr. Adam Messner before May 10th.
- For those who have ordered a class composite, it will be mailed by early Fall.
- Commencement Photos: If you are marching, your photo will be taken as you are hooded and again while being congratulated by President Luis Proenza. GradImages will contact you directly by mail or by email from email@example.com.
- Your Commencement Ceremony will be recorded and posted to the School of Law website. Once the video is available, a link will be emailed to all graduates to share with friends and family who may not have been able to make it to the ceremony. The video will be available for three months after it is posted.
- A class directory will be distributed at graduation inside the Graduation Packet.
- Any address changes that occur after graduation should be submitted to The University of Akron School of Law, Alumni Office.
- Starting in October 2012, all graduating students need to sign up in the Career Planning and Placement Office for a mandatory 10-15 minute exit interview. (330-972-5321)
- Return your address verification and completed NALP Employment Questionnaire to the CPPO at the time of your exit interview.
- Return your completed Senior Survey to the Dean’s Office Reception Desk for a chance to win valuable prizes!
Keep your My Akron profile up-to-date with your important information (mailing address, phone number, name spelling, and employment information).