A law student who is currently enrolled at another ABA-accredited law school may apply for transient status for one or more semesters. Transient students are permitted to enroll in courses approved by the dean of their law school, provided that space is available.
Admission decisions are typically made shortly after all of the required application materials have been received.
Before your application for transient (guest) status can be considered, the following items are required:
- A completed application form.
- A cover letter explaining reasons for seeking permission to enroll as a transient student at The University of Akron School of Law (2 pages or less, typed, double-spaced). This letter should list the specific courses you wish to take at Akron Law. Click here to view the current schedule of classes, and click here to view course descriptions.
- An LSDAS Report (visit www.lsac.org or call 215.968.1001 to pay any necessary fees and request additional LSDAS reports.
- A letter from the dean, registrar, dean of students, or other appropriate law school official indicating that you are 1) enrolled, 2) in good academic standing, and 3) have permission to enroll as a transient student at The University of Akron School of Law and to take the classes proposed in your cover letter.
- An official, original law school transcript showing all grades earned at your current law school.
Please contact the Admissions Office at 800.4.AKRON.U (800.425.7668) or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.