David L. Brennan Professor of Law and Director of the Center for Intellectual Property Law and Technology
- Has been invited to speak at a conference on "Human Rights and Intellectual Property: From Concepts to Practice" that will be held at the European Court on Human Rights on April 5-7, 2013, in Strasbourg, France.
- Presented an overview of all aspects of intellectual property law at a program sponsored by The University of Akron School of Law, the Ohio Aerospace Institute, and Pearne Gordon on America Invents Act.
- Presented on U.S. Trademark Law to students at University of Strasbourg’s Center for Studies in International Intellectual Property Law (CEIPI).
- Participated in program at European Parliament sponsored by CEIPI on proposed Unified EU Patent and Patent Court. Presented “U.S. Perspective on Such Initiatives.”
- Delivered lecture on U. S. Trademark Law to CEIPI students in Paris.
- Spoke on Patent Law Issues at the Law School’s Winter Institute Program in Naples, Florida.
- Spoke on trademark registration issues at Cleveland Manufacturing Mart Program.
- Moderated CLE Program on America Invents Act.
- Served as one of three judges (along with Judge Paul Michel and former Register of Copyrights Marybeth Peters) in ABA/BNA Young Lawyer Writing Competition.
- Taught a course on International Trademark Law at Universidad Austral in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Published “The Impact of Dickinson v. Zurko on Federal Circuit Review of USPTO Board Decisions: An Analytic and Empirical Analysis,” 20 Fed. Cir. B. J. 665 (2011).
- Edited the June 2011 edition of Patent, Trademark and Copyright Laws.
- Lectured on U.S. Trademark Law at University of Strasbourg.
- Led Research Seminar for graduate students in IP Law at University of Strasbourg.
- Attended and made a presentation at The University of Akron School of Law Winter Institute in Naples, Florida.
- Selected as a Fellow of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), which is a special membership category that recognizes members who have performed outstanding service to the association, achieved prominence within the IP profession, including teaching, and writing, and observed the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- Published “Lincoln and the Patent System: Inventor, Lawyer, Orator, President,” 3 Alb. Gov't L. Rev. 645 (2010).
- Editor, June 2010 edition of Patent, Trademark and Copyright Laws, published by BNA, Inc.
- Lectured at University of Strasbourg’s Center for International Intellectual Property Institute (CEIPI) on U.S. trademark law.
- Lectured on “Secondary Liability for On-line Sale of Counterfeit Goods Under Trademark Law: A Comparative Analysis of Case Law in U.S. and Europe.”
- Moderated Sughrue IP Conference.
- Presented on “Issues for the General Practitioner” at The University of Akron School of Law’s Winter Institute in Naples, Florida.