John H. Hornickel
John H. Hornickel is the Intellectual Property Counsel of PolyOne Corporation (www.polyone.com).
Previously, he held IP counsel positions with Bridgestone/Firestone (Chief, 1999-2002), 3M (Senior, 1989-1999), Figgie International (Corporate, 1981-1989), and Oldham, Oldham, Hudak, and Weber (1978-1981). He graduated from Davidson (1975, B.S., cum laude and Special Attainments in Chemistry) and Wake Forest (1978, J.D., cum laude). He is an attorney in Ohio, Virginia, and Minnesota, and at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
He is now, or has been, active with, among others, the
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, (Committee Chair, Seminar Program Chair, WIPO Delegate, and Speaker) (1994 – Present)
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association (Board Member, Member, and Speaker) (1999 – Present)
- European Patent Office - USA Patent Bar Liaison Council (Member, Secretary/Treasurer) (1994 – Present)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (Board Member and Speaker) (1999 – 2002)
- Patent Strategy & Management newsletter (Author) (1999 – 2009)
- University of Akron School of Law (Vice Chair of I.P Advisory Council and Adjunct Professor teaching International Patent Law and Practice) (2000 – Present)
- World Intellectual Property Organization (Speaker in Israel, Mexico, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, and USA) (1999 – 2005)