Electronic Services Student Assistant
Title: Electronic Services Student Assistant
This is a technical service position. Student are needed Monday-Friday, between the hours of 8am-5pm. Student duties include: data entry, performing searches for data using preferred tools (e.g., library catalog, publisher websites, and databases); processing of library resources (electronic, as well as physical material); editing records; and assisting with special projects. Students must be able to work independently, have a strong attention to detail, be flexible, and able to multitask. Excellent computer skills are a must. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is preferred.
How to apply:
On page 3 of the UL Application for Student Employment, select "Electronic Services" as your departmental preference.
Please note: complete only one application, even if applying for more than one position.
- Eligibility Requirements -- You must be a full-time student in good standing at The University of Akron:
- Undergrads: min. 12 credit hours.
- Grad students: min. 9 credit hours.
- Work Study students: min. 6 credit hours.
- You must maintain a 2.25 GPA or better.
- Provide complete contact information:
- Phone numbers: Home phone and cell phone
- E-mail: Provide the email address that you check regularly.
- Name the best way to contact you.
- Application should INCLUDE:
- Number of Credit hours scheduled for the semester.
- Hours available to work weekly—days and shifts.
- Number of work hours preferred weekly.
- Preferred Department or position, if any.
- A Basic Resume – simple, one-page.
- Reference Contact Info
- Application --OPTIONAL:
- Federal Work-Study Award– Check your Financial Aid on ZipLine
- Attach current class schedule for the semester.
- Please know that you may UPDATE your application information online as needed.