Electronic Services Student Assistant
Title: Electronic Services Student Assistant
This is a technical service position. Student are needed Monday-Friday, between the hours of 8am-5pm. Student duties include: data entry, performing searches for data using preferred tools (e.g., library catalog, publisher websites, and databases); processing of library resources (electronic, as well as physical material); editing records; and assisting with special projects. Students must be able to work independently, have a strong attention to detail, be flexible, and able to multitask. Excellent computer skills are a must. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is preferred.
How to apply:
Fill out the UL Application for Student Employment.
- You must be a full-time student at The University of Akron:
- Undergrads: min. 12 credit hours.
- Grad students: min. 9 credit hours.
- Work Study students: min. 6 credit hours.
- Provide complete contact information:
- Name the best way to contact you.
- Phone numbers: Home phone or cell phone?
- E-mail: Do you check your e-mail daily?
- Complete both pages of the application:
- Application must state your availability to work.
- Application must state how many hours you would like to work per week.
- Do not state when you have classes on the application.
- Do not attach class schedule.
- Resumes are accepted, but not required.
- Write legibly.
- Sign and date the application.
- Please return completed application to the Library Dean’s Office, Bierce Library, Room 161 (After the first set of doors, to the left).