Research & Learning Student Assistant
Title: Research & Learning Student Assistant
Research and Learning Services
This is a public service department. Students will be trained to locate information, print from work stations, navigate University web pages, and more. They need desire and ability to work with the public, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude. A wide range of shifts are available to match students’ class schedules. Applicants must be able to follow directions, possess logic and organizational skills, and work well on their own.
How to apply:
On page 3 of the UL Application for Student Employment, select "Research & Learning" as your departmental preference.
Please note: complete only one application, even if applying for more than one position.
- Eligibility Requirements -- You must be a full-time student in good standing at The University of Akron:
- Undergrads: min. 12 credit hours.
- Grad students: min. 9 credit hours.
- Work Study students: min. 6 credit hours.
- You must maintain a 2.25 GPA or better.
- Provide complete contact information:
- Phone numbers: Home phone and cell phone
- E-mail: Provide the email address that you check regularly.
- Name the best way to contact you.
- Application should INCLUDE:
- Number of Credit hours scheduled for the semester.
- Hours available to work weekly—days and shifts.
- Number of work hours preferred weekly.
- Preferred Department or position, if any.
- A Basic Resume – simple, one-page.
- Reference Contact Info
- Application --OPTIONAL:
- Federal Work-Study Award– Check your Financial Aid on ZipLine
- Attach current class schedule for the semester.
- Please know that you may UPDATE your application information online as needed.