Research & Learning Student Assistant
Title: Research & Learning Student Assistant
Research and Learning Services
This is a public service department. Students will be trained to locate information, print from work stations, navigate University web pages, and more. They need desire and ability to work with the public, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude. A wide range of shifts are available to match students’ class schedules. Applicants must be able to follow directions, possess logic and organizational skills, and work well on their own.
How to apply:
Fill out the UL Application for Student Employment.
- You must be a full-time student at The University of Akron:
- Undergrads: min. 12 credit hours.
- Grad students: min. 9 credit hours.
- Work Study students: min. 6 credit hours.
- Provide complete contact information:
- Name the best way to contact you.
- Phone numbers: Home phone or cell phone?
- E-mail: Do you check your e-mail daily?
- Complete both pages of the application:
- Application must state your availability to work.
- Application must state how many hours you would like to work per week.
- Do not state when you have classes on the application.
- Do not attach class schedule.
- Resumes are accepted, but not required.
- Write legibly.
- Sign and date the application.
- Please return completed application to the Library Dean’s Office, Bierce Library, Room 161 (After the first set of doors, to the left).