Title: Government Documents Student Assistant
Research & Learning Services
Duties include putting documents in order, shelving and shelf reading paper and microfiche documents. Additional duties may include: data entry, linking and check in of materials into ZipLINK (local database), confirming hyperlinks of government websites and the physical processing of materials. Accuracy and attention to details a must. Scheduled weekdays only.
How to apply:
Fill out the UL Application for Student Employment.
- Eligibility Requirements -- You must be a full-time student in good standing at The University of Akron:
- Undergrads: min. 12 credit hours.
- Grad students: min. 9 credit hours.
- Work Study students: min. 6 credit hours.
- You must maintain a 2.25 GPA or better.
- Provide complete contact information:
- Phone numbers: Home phone and cell phone
- E-mail: Provide the email address that you check regularly.
- Name the best way to contact you.
- Application should INCLUDE:
- Number of Credit hours scheduled for the semester.
- Hours available to work weekly—days and shifts.
- Number of work hours preferred weekly.
- Preferred Department or position, if any.
- A Basic Resume – simple, one-page.
- Reference Contact Info
- Application --OPTIONAL:
- Federal Work-Study Award– Check your Financial Aid on ZipLine
- Attach current class schedule for the semester.
- Please know that you may UPDATE your application information online as needed.