Entrance Gate Policy
The entrance gates to the Bierce and to the Science and Technology Libraries will be activated Sunday through Thursday starting at 9:00p.m. during the regular hours of the Fall and Spring semesters.
During these times the following entrance policy will be in place:
- Any current University of Akron student, faculty, and staff with an active ZipCard must swipe their card at the entrance gate to activate opening.
- Any community patron with an active community patron card must swipe their card at the entrance gate to activate opening.
- Any OhioLink patron must present their home university identification card at the front desk. After the expiration date is verified in the Millenium system, the gates will be opened to allowed entrance.
- Any patron lacking their ZipCard, community patron card, or home university identification card must show a government issued photo identification card (passport, driver’s license, state identification card, etc.) in order to gain access to the library when the entrance gates are activated.
- If a patron lacks both an entrance card or government issued identification card, then entrance to the University Libraries will be denied when the entrance gates are activated.