Regarding the Ohio Youth Services Advisory Board (chaired by Wright), includes: governing documents, minutes of board meetings, correspondence, inspection reports and recommendations, news releases, pamphlets, photograph albums, scrapbook, and oral history phonotapes of W. Richard Wright.
Minutes, newsletters, correspondence, committee records, publications, and news clippings of a west Akron neighborhood organization seeking to maintain a stable, integrated community.
Records of an Akron non-profit organization devoted to preservation of the city's historic architecture, includes: organizational documents, trustee meeting minutes, newsletters, correspondence, program records, and mailing lists.
The Frances McGovern Collection consists primarily of material relating to her activities with the Akron Area Chamber of Commerce Committee on Urban Services, the Little Hoover Commission, and the Summit County Charter Commission. Materials include reports, correspondence, notes, and information on the Summit County Charter commission. Also included are books and pamphlets.
Many of the Kiwanis Club activities focused around civil service and patriotic objectives. Materials relate to the club's history, its organization, financial information, membership, activities, and relationships to other organizations.
The records of the Family Services of Summit County contain material relating to the Dorcas Society, early Family Service achievements, the Board of Volunteers, and Family Service publications. Materials include: scrapbooks, annual reports, news clippings, correspondence, photographs, and publications.
Minutes, correspondence, organization reports, membership and program information, newsletters, and news clippings of an Akron organization formed to combat housing discrimination. Also research notes and draft manuscript for Juliet Saltman's, Open Housing as a Social Movement.
Publications and miscellanea regarding the Cuyahoga Valley, particularly the Cuyahoga Valley Park Federation and the Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area.
The papers of the Citizens for a County Charter Committee include materials pertaining to various aspects of the 1979 campaign for the adoption of a Summit County Charter. Collection includes proposal, publicity, campaign plans, and correspondence.[Finding Aid]
Papers contain materials belonging to and created by Fred C. Bock, an Akron radio broadcaster, personality, and advertising agent. Included are material from his radio career at WADC and his work as an advertising executive. Also included are papers from the Broadcasters Hall of Fame, of which Bock was a founding member, as well as papers from his career as a student at the University of Akron. Typescripts of Bock's radio programs House of the Lord and As They Like It are also present. The collection contains mostly printed material, but also includes photographs and phonodisc sound recordings[Finding Aid]
Charles V. Blair was an active member of the Akron community who served in a variety of roles including professor, dean, and assistant to the president at The University of Akron from 1959 to 1974. His papers consist of correspondence, minutes, financial statements, project proposals, progress reports, and clippings documenting the Summit County-Greater-Akron Community Action Council, the Akron-Summit Tutorial Program, and Upward Bound.
Minutes, correspondence, scrapbooks, reports and subject files of the board and its predecessors, the Citizens Postwar Planning Committee, the Area Development Committee, Citizens for Progress, and the Greater Akron Association.[Finding Aid]
Documents and literature produced or gathered during peace education work. Also includes audiotapes of radio programming.
This collection contains a variety of documentation about the ACLU, the Ohio Civil Liberties Union, and the Akron Area Civil Liberties Union. Materials include the Articles of OCLU organization, newsletters, correspondence, minutes, newspaper clippings, information about membership and miscellaneous materials.
The Akron and Summit County Federation of Women’s Clubs was organized in 1893 and united with the Ohio State Federation of Women’s Clubs in 1917. The group raised money for charity, hosted guest speakers, awarded scholarships, worked on various community-related projects, and lobbied for political reform. The records include notebooks, directories, scrapbooks, newsletters and subjects files.[Finding Aid]