Contains constitution and bylaws, meeting minutes, and scrapbooks.
Minutes of board of trustees, board of directors, and operating committees. Also includes records of routine operations and activities of the Akron YWCA and of the involvement of the Akron Association in national and international affairs.
Ms. Waterhouse's papers contain materials relating to the newspaper woman's career, including a selection of her published articles in newspapers and journals. The collection consists of correspondence, reports from the Ohio Newspaper Woman's Association and National Federation of Press Women, and Waterhouse's "Big Story," the Russian Series.[Finding Aid]
Collection includes technical materials, notes, and memorandums pertaining to space shuttle flight.[Finding Aid]
A member of the Federation of Women's Clubs, this collection covers the founding of the club until 1958. The materials include annual booklets and records of the club secretary. The booklets list activities, events, and membership. The records include minutes of meetings. Also, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings and miscellaneous club material.
Records of the Akron Chapter (formed in 1971), includes: By-Laws, minutes, membership lists, newsletters, records of annual "Women's Equality Day," program files, correspondence, materials relating to community involvement, miscellanea, and materials relating to Ohio and National NOW organizations.
The Frances McGovern Collection consists primarily of material relating to her activities with the Akron Area Chamber of Commerce Committee on Urban Services, the Little Hoover Commission, and the Summit County Charter Commission. Materials include reports, correspondence, notes, and information on the Summit County Charter commission. Also included are books and pamphlets.
Personal and business correspondence, financial and legal papers, accounts of foreign travel, photographs, newspaper clippings, ledgers, certificates, and scrapbooks of the Hower family of Akron and Doylestown, principally M. Otis Hower, his wife Blanche Bruot, and their daughter Grace Crawford. The Howers were involved in a variety of business and community activities, including the American Cereal Company, the Akron Board of Education, and the Hower Trade School.
Materials relating to the Hower and Ayers families, including: books, materials regarding Hower companies, genealogy publications, photograph albums, newspaper clippings, and notes. The three series are comprised of materials relating to John Bruot Hower, Mary Hamilton Ayers, and Allan F. Ayers/Lucy A. Hamilton.
Diary, memoir, letters, and photographs of Red Cross nurse who served in the Spanish-American, Russo-Japanese, and First World War.[Finding Aid]
Furry served as an attorney in Akron. Includes legal papers, correspondence, a scrapbook, publications, and taped interviews regarding her defense of civil rights cases.[Finding Aid]
Correspondence, clippings, photographs, and other materials dealing mainly with her activities as mayor of Barberton (1955-1961) and also as a Democratic member of the Ohio State Senate (1949-1950) and local historian as well as minutes and committee reports (Ohio Program Commission of the Agricultural Committee which investigated rural health in 1950), correspondence and financial reports for the Ohio Sesquicentennial Commission Executive Committee, information on the Midwest Regional Conference of the Council of State Governments, materials from election campaigns, community activities, speeches, lectures, publications, and local history materials.
Mrs. Clark, an early radio enthusiast, transcribed radio program transmissions from around the world as well as corresponded with various radio stations. This collection contains scrapbooks, postcards, and correspondence.
Scrapbooks, newspaper clippings and photographs regarding Mrs. Clapp's activities as Akron Beacon Journal garden specialist for over forty years.
The AAUW is the oldest and largest national organization for women. This collection contains branch minutes, board minutes, correspondence, bulletins, and scrapbooks detailing the activities of the AAUW.
The Akron and Summit County Federation of Women’s Clubs was organized in 1893 and united with the Ohio State Federation of Women’s Clubs in 1917. The group raised money for charity, hosted guest speakers, awarded scholarships, worked on various community-related projects, and lobbied for political reform. The records include notebooks, directories, scrapbooks, newsletters and subjects files.[Finding Aid]