Consists of personal and professional notes, correspondences, photographs, and plan drawings. Includes both published articles and manuscripts by Dr. Arnstein and his associates, as well as scripts for speeches and presentations given by Dr. Arnstein.[Finding Aid]
Correspondence, reports, and printed material concerning the activities of the Akron NAACP (of which she was president), the Ohio Black Political Assembly, and other black organizations, as well as her 1973 Akron City Council campaign.[Finding Aid]
Minutes, correspondence, scrapbooks, reports and subject files of the board and its predecessors, the Citizens Postwar Planning Committee, the Area Development Committee, Citizens for Progress, and the Greater Akron Association.[Finding Aid]
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers, Akron Section was Organized and chartered in May 1937, Akron was the 10th section of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers. Charter members of the Akron Section were instrumental in the development of synthetic rubber and related process equipment. They became the technical leaders in the rubber industry through the 1970s.[Finding Aid]
Documents and literature produced or gathered during peace education work. Also includes audiotapes of radio programming.[Finding Aid]
This collection contains a variety of documentation about the ACLU, the Ohio Civil Liberties Union, and the Akron Area Civil Liberties Union. Materials include the Articles of OCLU organization, newsletters, correspondence, minutes, newspaper clippings, information about membership and miscellaneous materials.
The AAUW is the oldest and largest national organization for women. This collection contains branch minutes, board minutes, correspondence, bulletins, and scrapbooks detailing the activities of the AAUW.
This collection contains materials related to the development of Alfin rubber. J. D. D'Ianni, of the Research Division of the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company along with Dr. Avery A Morton of M.I.T., worked on the development and usage of this synthetic rubber. Includes reports, graphs, tables, and correspondence.
Minutes of the monthly group meetings of the Alert Hose Company located in Canton, Stark County, Ohio.
This collection pertains to the grocery stores of Frederick Wilhelm Albrecht. The original store, known as Acme No. 1, opened at Buchtel, Sumner, and Center Streets. This collection contains periodical publications, advertisements, photographs, news clippings, audiovisual material, and miscellaneous artifacts of the Acme, Click, and Y-Mart Stores.
Articles of incorporation, minute books, stock records, and other records of AC&Y and more than a dozen associated companies, including the East Akron Land Company and the Northern Ohio Railway Company.[Finding Aid]
"Topological maps of the City of Akron, detailing geological features, locations of streets and large buildings, and surface features. "
Includes news clippings, budget reports, meeting minutes, scrapbooks, and documentation of different community relations programs.
"Contains financial statements, semi-annual reports, passbooks, constitution and by-laws, minutes of directors' meetings pertaining to the growth and development of the agency. "[Finding Aid]
Audiocassettes of Akron Roundtable speakers.
The Akron Regional Development Board was formed in 1975 to promote business and industrial development in the tri-county area. The organization provided consultation to law-making bodies and conducted studies on issues including the Akron Public School levies, city taxes, local business expansions, and state highways. The records consist of subject files of programs and projects and photographs of local businesses.[Finding Aid]
Constitution, by-laws, articles of incorporation, scrapbooks, reports, membership information, yearbooks, and a photograph album.
ACESS, an organization consisting of technical and scientific societies, represents over 3,000 engineers, scientists and technicians in the greater Akron area. Included in this collection are board minutes; records of ACESS banquets and programs; and their publication, The Akron Technical Journal.
3"x5" photographic prints recording the construction of the Water Department, including major additions of the water purification plant, extensive water main surveys, new water towers, stand pipes and pumping stations. Technical in content, but also containing views of the streets, neighborhoods and working conditions of early 20th century Akron.[Finding Aid]
32 reels of microfilm containing minutes of all regular and special meetings, correspondence, proposals for bids, newspaper clippings, and publications.
Records of 15 local companies, including correspondence, notices, agreements, strike reports, election forms, materials relating to lockouts and strikes, amendments to agreements, applications for strike sanction, tally of ballots, grievances, employee listings, and wage surveys. Includes materials at the local level: The Akron Association; job shop agreements and notices to mediation, amendments to Akron Association laws, a booklet of by-laws, by-law approvals, correspondence, financial reports, monthly reports, and newspaper clippings. Additionally, international level materials include: booklets, correspondence, minutes of meetings, and newspaper clippings.[Finding Aid]
Council activities, committee activities, financial records, community projects records, minutes of Akron Ministerial Association meetings (1909-1967), and a small amount of other church related materials, including: minutes of the Akron Sunday School Superintendents' Association, the Secretary's Book of the Summit County Evangelical Alliance, ministerial membership lists and copies of the Metro Memo (newsletter of the Metropolitan Interchurch Ministries)
Subscription book of founding members, minutes, reports, yearbooks and other publications, research files, and maps. Also included are records of Chamber affiliates in Cuyahoga Falls, Fairlawn, Northampton, and Stow.
The Akron and Summit County Federation of Women’s Clubs was organized in 1893 and united with the Ohio State Federation of Women’s Clubs in 1917. The group raised money for charity, hosted guest speakers, awarded scholarships, worked on various community-related projects, and lobbied for political reform. The records include notebooks, directories, scrapbooks, newsletters and subjects files.[Finding Aid]
Collections in Archival Services are classified by the following ways: