How to Critically Evaluate Web Sites
Anyone can put information on the Web and it might NOT be reviewed by anyone, Web material must be carefully considered.
- Accuracy – How reliable and error-free is this information? Has anyone reviewed it?
- Authority – What are the author’s qualifications? What is the reputation of the publisher?
- Objectivity – Is it biased? Is it trying to sway us or just present the facts?
- Currency – How dated is the content? How recently was the page updated?
- Coverage – Has the topic been covered thoroughly or just touched upon?
see Online Tutorial for more information on evaluating Web pages