Accessing Your Zipspace from On-Campus
The “My Documents” folder in campus computer labs, the library workstations, and laptops is mapped directly to the ZipSpace of whoever is logged in to that machine. Once you login a message will display that “Your My Documents were mapped to your student storage location.” The “My Documents” folder is located on the desktop at the upper left corner. This is the default location for saving files. If you save a file without changing the location it will be saved to your ZipSpace.
- SAVING FILES: In Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.:
- Click on File and then on Save.
- Enter a name for your file. If you have multiple folders in your ZipSpace, you can open those folders and save your files there.
- OPENING FILES: In Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.:
- Click on File and then on Open.
- You can also open files by navigating to their location such as your Flash Drive, 3½ Floppy A (some public stations on-campus might still have this data storage), or your “My Documents” folder, where you can find your file, and double-click to open it.
- CREATING NEW FOLDERS: When your ZipSpace is open (i.e. after you have clicked "File -> Save"):
- Click on My documents (that is your ZipSpace).
- Select “New” and “Folder.” An unnamed folder will appear.
- Click in the box under the folder to name it.