Speech-language Pathology and Audiology
Resources for Speech-language Pathology & Audiology
Finding Books ...
The UA Libraries Catalog is where you find books, audiovisual materials, periodicals, and other resources that are held in UA's Bierce, Science & Technology, Wayne, and Law School libraries.
This is the combined catalog of 88 Ohio college and university libraries and the State Library of Ohio. If books or other materials are not available through the UA Libraries catalog, then your next option is to check the OhioLINK Catalog. Items with a status of "Available" can be requested and sent to you in as little as 3-5 business days.
This is a combined catalog of libraries from around the world.
This is the document delivery service for the UA library community. Books, dissertations, microfilm and other materials not available in the UA Libraries or OhioLINK can be requested, as well as journal articles not available in print or full-text online.
The following databases are recommended for researching topics in Speech-language Pathology & Audiology. They provide access to journal, magazine, and newspaper articles, and in some cases resources such as dissertations and book chapters.
A comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 6,100 full-text periodicals, including more than 5,100 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 10,100 journals and a total of more than 10,600 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc.
The world's most comprehensive source of full text for nursing & allied health journals, providing full text for more than 560 journals.
Abstracts of journals articles, as well citations to dissertations, books, and papers dealing with all aspects of Speech-language Patholgy & Audiology.
Provides access to education literature and resources.
Provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals, including nearly 450 peer-reviewed journals focusing on many medical disciplines.
Includes the Science, Arts & Humanities, and Social Sciences Citation Indexes. The most comprehensive indexes of scholarly journal literature, they provide citation searching.
The world's most comprehensive research tool for medical literature, providing full text for nearly 1,200 journals.
Covers emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry and psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational and experimental methods.
A comprehensive database covering information in all areas of sociology, including social behavior, human tendencies, interaction, relationships, community development, culture and social structure.
Electronic Journals by Title
Find full-text electronic journals available at The University of Akron. Search for title words/phrases or browse individual collections.
Selected Reference Resources
- Classification of Developmental Language Disorders: Theoretical Issues and Clinical Implications. Edited by Ludo Verhoeven and Hans Van Balkom. Mahwah, N.J.: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2004.
- Concise Encyclopedia of Brain and Language. Whitaker, Harry A., ed. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2010.
- Handbook of Child Language Disorders. Ed. by Richard G. Schwartz. New York: Psychology Press, 2009.
- Handbook of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Edited by John W. Jacobson, et. al. New York: Springer, 2007.
- Hedge's pocketGuideto Treatment in Speech-language Pathology (2nd edition). San Diego, Singular, 2001.
- International Encyclopedia of Linguistics. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2003.
- McCauley, Rebecca Joan. Assessment of Language Disorders in Children. Mahwah, N.J. : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2001.
- MIT Encyclopedia of Communication Disorders. Cambridge, Mass., MIT Press, 2004.
- Ward, David and Kathleen Scaler. Cluttering: A Handbook of Research, Intervention, and Education. Hove, East Sussex: Psychology Press, 2011.
- Cambridge Handbook of Child Language. Edited by Edith L. Bavin. New york: Cambridge University Press, 2009. Bierce P118 .C36.
- Classification Manual for Voice Disorders-I. Edited by Katherine Verdolini, et. al. Mahwah, N.J.: Lawrence Erlbaum, 2006. Bierce Reference RF 510 .C56 2006.
- Comprehensive Handbook of Pediatric Audiology. Edited by Richard Seewald and Anne Marie Tharpe. San Diego: Singular, 2011. Bierce RF 291.5 .C45 2011.
- Handbook of Clinical Audiology. Jack Katz, editor-in-chief. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health, 2009. Science RF 291 .H36 2009.
- The Handbook of Clinical Linguistics. Edited by Martin J. Ball, et. al. Malden, MA: Blackwell, 2008. Bierce RC 423 .H3252 2008.
- Handbook of Early Language Impairment in Children: Assessment and Intervention. Edited by Linda R. Watson, et. al. Albany, N.Y.: Delmar Thomson Learning, 2000. Bierce RJ 496 .L35 H36 2000b.
- Handbook of Early Language Impairment in Children: Nature. Edited by Thomas L. Layton, et.al. Albany, N.Y.: Delmar Thomson Learning, 2000. Bierce RJ 496 .L35 H36 2000.
- The Handbook of Language and Speech Disorders. Edited by Jack S. Damico, et . al. Chichester, U.K.: Wiley-Blackwell, 2010. Bierce RC 423 .H3258 2010.
- Hegde, M. N. A Coursebook on Scientific and Professional Writing in Speech-language Pathology. San Diego: Singular, 1998. Bierce RC 423 .H3829 1998.
- Irwin, David L. et. al. Clinical Research Methods in Speech-language Pathology and Audiology. San Diego: Plural, 2008. Bierce RC 423 .I75 2008.
- Maxwell. David L. and Eiki Satake. Research and Statistical Methods in Communication Sciences and Disorders. Boston: Thomson/Delmar learning, 2006. Bierce RC 423 .M3698 2006.
- Nicolosi, Lucille. Terminology of Communication Disorders: Speech-Language-Hearing. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 2004. Bierce Reference RC 423 .N52 2004.
- Roth, Froma P. and Colleen K. Worthington. Treatment Resource Manual for Speech-language Pathology. Clifton Park, NY: Delmar, 2011. Bierce RC 423 .R675 2011.
- Schiavetti, et. al. Evaluating Research in Communicative Disorders. Boston: Pearson, 2011. Bierce RC 423 .V45 2011.
- Shprintzen, Robert J. Syndrome Identification for Speech-language Pathologists: An Illustrated Pocket Guide. San Diego: Singular, 2000. Bierce Reference RC69 .S48 2000.
- Singh, Sadanand. Singular's Pocket Dictionary of Speech-language Pathology. San Diego: Singular, 2000. Bierce Reference RC 423 .S533 2000.
- Tinnitus Handbook. Edited by Richard Tyler. San Diego: Singular, 2000. Bierce RF 293.8 .T565 2000.
Other Research Tools
RefWorks is a Web-based bibliography and database manager that allows you to create your own personal database by importing references from text files or online databases. You can use these references in writing papers and automatically format the paper and the bibliography in seconds
Index to doctoral dissertations and master's theses from North
America and Europe. Includes or has links to full text.
The ETD Center is a free, online database of Ohioâs masters and doctoral theses and dissertations from participating OhioLINK member schools. It contains the abstract for all included theses and dissertations. The full-text is also available if it was submitted.
Films on Demand is a web-based digital video delivery service that allows you to view streaming videos from Films Media Group, a collection of more than 5,500 educational titles in dozens of subject areas.
A collection of educational films and documentaries that you can view.