EBSCO eBook Collection (formerly NetLibrary) is a library of electronic books (e-books) on many academic subjects. The collection includes thousands of titles purchased by OhioLINK, plus thousands of public-domain e-books. Users can preview an e-book online, peruse a page, read each page in depth, jump to specific chapters or pages, or use links in the Table of Content or Index to go directly to specific chapters of interest. Every word in every book is searchable. NetLibrary operates on the library check-out model, where readers check out e-books for a specified amount of time.
Electronic Book Center contains the full texts of thousands of scholarly and reference e-books from several publishers, covering many subject areas.
Search books full-text. Snippet view or limited preview are available for books that are under copyright. Books that are not under copyright are available for free download.
"As computing devices proliferate, demand increases for an understanding of emerging computing paradigms and models based on natural phenomena. Neural networks, evolution-based models, quantum computing, and DNA-based computing and simulations are all a necessary part of modern computing analysis and systems development. Vast literature exists on these new paradigms and their implications for a wide array of applications.
This comprehensive handbook, the first of its kind to address the connection between nature-inspired and traditional computational paradigms, is a repository of case studies dealing with different problems in computing and solutions to these problems based on nature-inspired paradigms. The 'Handbook of Nature-Inspired and Innovative Computing: Integrating Classical Models with Emerging Technologies' is an essential compilation of models, methods, and algorithms for researchers, professionals, and advanced-level students working in all areas of computer science, IT, biocomputing, and network engineering." from publisher's web site
In Library:Science QA76.618 .H363 2006
- "Access to over 39,000 standards terms, online and up-to-date;
- Presented in HTML format;
- Complete source citations of definitions;
- Relevant across many technology areas;
- 24/7 access for increased productivity;
- Hyperlinked cross-references to other terms and standards;
- Updated quarterly;
- Tied to IEEE Xplore search engine to display related standards products based on what is searched;
- Search by keyword; or browse alphabetically, by technology area, or by standard number."
"Covers legal issues relating to information technology and the Internet.
Spam, pop-ups, intellectual property, and information transfer fall under a gray and fluid entity that is constantly changing as it attempts the difficult task of keeping up with the ever-expanding Internet. It is Internet law, and it faces the challenge of maintaining order in a new world without borders.
Using key events to illustrate major issues, Internet and the Law: Technology, Society, and Compromises explores such significant legal battles as A&M Records v. Napster and Apple Computer v. Franklin Computer, allowing readers a look into stories of trade secrets, music theft, and industrial espionage.
As information technology grows and the Internet's global reach strengthens, it is becoming more difficult to define rules to regulate it. Governments have tried, for various reasons, to restrict Internet content but have not succeeded, in part because the international nature of the Internet makes enforcement difficult. Internet and the Law focuses on laws relating to intellectual property and freedom of expression, and presents information in a clear and concise manner, making it easily accessible to students and others researching the intricacies of Internet law.Title Features
- Over 140 A–Z entries including biographies of key people involved in the development of Internet legislation
- An expansive glossary of technical and legal terms cross-referenced for easy access to information
- A detailed chronology of major developments illustrating changes in legal issues relating to computers, information technology, and the Internet
- A comprehensive index for quick reference to the numerous topics covered
- Clearly explains complex legal and technical concepts
- Covers a wide range of topics such as domain name disputes, censorship, file-sharing, hacking, international law, and computer viruses
- Presents materials and information from diverse areas of law in a single volume
- Offers detailed notes and a guide for conducting further research and study"
"For hundreds of different types of jobs, the Occupational Outlook Handbook tells you:
- the training and education needed
- expected job prospects
- what workers do on the job
- working conditions
Listing of Computer Science books freely available online.
Listing of Electrical and Computer Engineering books freely available online.
Download previous editions of Bruce Eckel books on Java, C++, and patterns for free.
Contains Dictionary of Computing, Dictionary of the Internet, and Dictionary of Weights, Measures, and Units.
Electronic books in computer science, information technology, and related fields.