"This 80+ volume set includes all volumes in each of the 15 sections of the Annual Book of ASTM Standards, as well as the Index. The complete set is available in print or CD-ROM and provides you all of ASTM's 12,000+ standards addressing areas such as metals, petroleum, construction, rubber, the environment and more." from publisher's web site
We purchase this set every other year. Search the ASTM web site to find which volumes contain the standard that you want, as well as which version is active.
Science Reference TA401 .A653 (many older editions at storage facility - NE Regional Depository)
The Control Handbook, Second Edition brilliantly organizes cutting-edge contributions from more than 200 leading experts representing every corner of the globe. They cover everything from basic closed-loop systems to multi-agent adaptive systems and from the control of electric motors to the control of complex networks. Progressively organized, the three volume set includes:
- Control System Fundamentals
- Control System Applications
- Control System Advanced Methods
Any practicing engineer, student, or researcher working in fields as diverse as electronics, aeronautics, or biomedicine will find this handbook to be a time-saving resource filled with invaluable formulas, models, methods, and innovative thinking. In fact, any physicist, biologist, mathematician, or researcher in any number of fields developing or improving products and systems will find the answers and ideas they need. As with the first edition, the new edition not only stands as a record of accomplishment in control engineering but provides researchers with the means to make further advances. from publisher's web site
Science Reference TJ213 .C642 2011
Identify generic, trade-named, or trademarked materials. Materials include metallics, polymers, ceramics, composites, wood, textiles, adhesives, abrasives, and electronics.
Science Reference TA402 .K43 2004
- "Employs a tutorial-style approach to enable quick and easy reference for power engineers while making the concepts readily accessible to engineers in other fields
- Includes new information reflecting developments in areas such as direct analysis of wide area dynamics
- Contains 19 chapters new to this edition, half of which appear for the first time in print
- Reflects international standards and practices, not limited to those of North America
A reference at once so elemental and so comprehensive, The Electric Power Engineering Handbook not only describes the field’s body of knowledge, but defines it. Written by expert contributors under the leadership of one of the world’s most respected and accomplished authorities in power engineering, the second edition remains the undisputed guide to power generation, transmission, and distribution, as well as for modeling, analyzing, planning, designing, monitoring, and controlling power systems. This fully updated edition is now available as a set of five books, each focused on a particular area of expertise.
The handbook’s first edition spawned two bestselling specialist works, Electric Power Transformer Engineering and Electric Power Substations Engineering, each of which included new material not found in the handbook. For this edition, these highly popular progeny rejoin the handbook, supplying ten additional chapters. Along with updates to nearly every chapter, several rewritten articles, and new material added to existing sections, this edition features nine entirely new chapters on such areas as environmental effects of transmission systems, substation asset management, substation commissioning, distribution system characteristics and protection, real-time control of distributed generation, and flexible AC transmission system (FACTS) controllers.
Retaining its unique tutorial style, The Electric Power Engineering Handbook, Second Edition prevails as a monument to the decades of ingenuity and tireless efforts of power engineers around the world." from publisher's web site
Science TK1001 .E398 2007
- "Provides the most comprehensive and authoritative reference available on all areas of electrical engineering
- Comprises the latest work of foremost experts from all areas of electrical engineering
- Presents each article with consistent quality, authority, and level of technical sophistication Maintains consistency with IEEE reader
- Includes new discussions in areas such as nanotechnology, fuel cells, embedded systems, and biometrics
In two editions spanning more than a decade, The Electrical Engineering Handbook stands as the definitive reference to the multidisciplinary field of electrical engineering. Our knowledge continues to grow, and so does the Handbook. For the third edition, it has grown into a set of six books carefully focused on specialized areas or fields of study. Each one represents a concise yet definitive collection of key concepts, models, and equations in its respective domain, thoughtfully gathered for convenient access. Combined, they constitute the most comprehensive, authoritative resource available.
Circuits, Signals, and Speech and Image Processing presents all of the basic information related to electric circuits and components, analysis of circuits, the use of the Laplace transform, as well as signal, speech, and image processing using filters and algorithms. It also examines emerging areas such as text to speech synthesis, real-time processing, and embedded signal processing.
Electronics, Power Electronics, Optoelectronics, Microwaves, Electromagnetics, and Radar delves into the fields of electronics, integrated circuits, power electronics, optoelectronics, electromagnetics, light waves, and radar, supplying all of the basic information required for a deep understanding of each area. It also devotes a section to electrical effects and devices and explores the emerging fields of microlithography and power electronics.
Sensors, Nanoscience, Biomedical Engineering, and Instruments provides thorough coverage of sensors, materials and nanoscience, instruments and measurements, and biomedical systems and devices, including all of the basic information required to thoroughly understand each area. It explores the emerging fields of sensors, nanotechnologies, and biological effects.
Broadcasting and Optical Communication Technology explores communications, information theory, and devices, covering all of the basic information needed for a thorough understanding of these areas. It also examines the emerging areas of adaptive estimation and optical communication.
Computers, Software Engineering, and Digital Devices examines digital and logical devices, displays, testing, software, and computers, presenting the fundamental concepts needed to ensure a thorough understanding of each field. It treats the emerging fields of programmable logic, hardware description languages, and parallel computing in detail.
Systems, Controls, Embedded Systems, Energy, and Machines explores in detail the fields of energy devices, machines, and systems as well as control systems. It provides all of the fundamental concepts needed for thorough, in-depth understanding of each area and devotes special attention to the emerging area of embedded systems.
Encompassing the work of the world's foremost experts in their respective specialties, The Electrical Engineering Handbook, Third Edition remains the most convenient, reliable source of information available. This edition features the latest developments, the broadest scope of coverage, and new material on nanotechnologies, fuel cells, embedded systems, and biometrics. The engineering community has relied on the Handbook for more than twelve years, and it will continue to be a platform to launch the next wave of advancements."from publisher's web site
Science Reference TK145 .E354 2006
The six volumes contain approximately 6000 circuits, which are arranged by circuit type.
"Contains circuit schematics used in:
- Alarm and security systems
- Temperature sensors
Science TK7867 .G66 1985
"RF and Microwave Engineering is one of the fastest growth areas of the past decade and will probably continue to be a very active area of research and application in a large variety of fields. The six volume set of Encyclopedia of RF and Microwave Engineering illustrates how this field has been the key to enabling technology responsible for the phenomenal growth of wireless communications. This set also examines how RF and microwave engineering continues to have great influence as the technology behind such important applications as radar, remote sensing, remote control, sensors, navigation, surveillance, electronic warfare, radiometers, plasma research, and imaging." from publisher's web site
In Library: Science Reference TK5103.2 .W535 2005
"The Encyclopedia of Vibration is the first resource to cover this field so comprehensively. Approximately 190 articles cover everything from basic vibration theory to ultrasonics, from both fundamental and applied standpoints. Areas covered include vibrations in machines, buildings and other structures, vehicles, ships, and aircraft, as well as human response to vibration. Each article provides a concise and authoritative introduction to a topic. The Encyclopedia includes essential facts, background information, and techniques for modeling, analysis, design, testing, and control of vibration. It is highlighted with numerous illustrations and is structured to provide easy access to required information." from publisher's web site
In Library: Science Reference TA355 .E539 2002
"Comprehensive bilingual coverage of nearly 50,000 essential words and phrases in electrical and computer engineering.
In today's global economy, the need for precise technical communication between speakers of English and Spanish has never been greater. The English-Spanish, Spanish-English Electrical and Computer Engineering Dictionary provides you with quick, ready access to nearly 50,000 essential terms and definitions found in the electrical and computer engineering field. Containing virtually every word and phrase you're likely to encounter in the professional literature, this authoritative reference boasts an extremely user-friendly format that directs you instantly to the precise term you need.
- Approximately 100,000 entries--nearly 50,000 in each language
- Comprehensive, up-to-date coverage incorporating the latest terms and phrases
- Thousands of terms not found in any other dictionary of its kind
- Conceptual equivalents for idiomatic expressions rather than literal translations
- Separate entries for phrases that begin with the same word or words
- An indispensable tool for electrical and computer engineers, technical writers, as well as translators and interpreters"
Science Reference TK9 .K37 1996
- "Includes an extensive glossary for every chapter
- Extensive list of important formulas and theorems related to the field
- Complete explanations and descriptions of every algorithm
- Many reference pages to web connections are included throughout the book
The importance of discrete mathematics has increased dramatically within the last few years but until now, it has been difficult-if not impossible-to find a single reference book that effectively covers the subject. To fill that void, The Handbook of Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics presents a comprehensive collection of ready reference material for all of the important areas of discrete mathematics, including those essential to its applications in computer science and engineering. Its topics include:
- Logic and foundations
- Number theory
- Abstract and linear algebra
- Graph theory
- Networks and optimization
- Cryptography and coding
- Combinatorial designs
- Many glossaries of important terms
- Lists of important theorems and formulas
- Numerous examples that illustrate terms and concepts
- Helpful descriptions of algorithms
- Summary tables
- Citations of Web pages that supplement the text
If you have ever had to find information from discrete mathematics in your work-or just out of curiosity-you probably had to search through a variety of books to find it. Never again. The Handbook of Discrete Mathematics is now available and has virtually everything you need-everything important to both theory and practice." from publisher's web site
Science Reference QA164 .H36 2000
"The vast majority of control systems built today are embedded; that is, they rely on built-in, special-purpose digital computers to close their feedback loops. Embedded systems are common in aircraft, factories, chemical processing plants, and even in cars—a single high-end automobile may contain over eighty different computers. In such settings, controllers often use shared networks to communicate with each other and with large numbers of sensors and actuators scattered throughout the system. The design of embedded controllers and of the intricate, automated communication networks that support them raises many new questions—practical, as well as theoretical—about network protocols, compatibility of operating systems, and ways to maximize the effectiveness of the embedded hardware.
The Handbook of Networked and Embedded Control Systems, the first of its kind, provides engineers, computer scientists, mathematicians, and students a broad, comprehensive source of information and technology to address many questions and aspects of embedded and networked control. A carefully organized collection of important results, tools, software, and technology, this work unifies into a single reference many scattered articles, websites, and specification sheets—information that might otherwise be difficult to find.Key topics and features include:
- Self-contained, sharply-focused articles; readers have easy access to specific answers to questions without having to read hundreds of pages
- Clear structure and presentation of concepts in intuitive order
- Separation of material into six main sections—Fundamentals, Hardware, Software, Theory, Networking, and Applications
- Case studies, experiments, and examples that provide a multifaceted view of the subject, encompassing computation and communication considerations
- Information about commercially available tools and hardware
- Comprehensive bibliographies and index
This is an indispensable text for anyone interested in knowing more about embedded and networked control systems. Researchers will appreciate the handbook’s up-to-date results in the theory of embedded control; developers and users will value its information on special-purpose computer hardware and operating systems modifications that support real-time control; students will find the systematic organization and wide coverage useful for learning and reference." from publisher's web site
Science TK7895.E42 H29 2005
"Be prepared to comply in the new era for electrical safety. The NEC protects the public by establishing requirements for electrical wiring and equipment in virtually all buildings. The field's most important document is revised based on new technology and industry needs.
Revisions in the 2008 NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code boost public safety, emergency preparedness, Code usability, and worker protection.Only the 2008 NEC includes the latest rules for electrical installation in residential, commercial, and industrial occupancies. It also introduces:
- New article on Critical Operations Power Systems with provisions for electrical security in public and private facilities that must stay online during a crisis, such as public safety dispatch centers and hospital ICUs
- New article on Electrified Truck Parking Spaces with NEC rules for outlets to run on-board electrical systems, reducing truck emissions and fuel consumption caused by idling during driver rest times
- Revised requirements for AFCI and GFCIs in dwellings. Since arcing faults on wiring systems and extension cords can cause home fires, the Code expands AFCI use to living areas.
- New rules for tamper-resistant receptacles respond to NEISS reports that thousands of children are treated in hospitals every year for burns received as a result of inserting objects into receptacles.
- New provisions in Article 210, Article 410, and elsewhere in the Code reduce worker hazards and correlate with NFPA 70E® worker safety rules.
- Plus hundreds of other revisions
Science Reference TK260 .N23 2008
"For hundreds of different types of jobs, the Occupational Outlook Handbook tells you:
- the training and education needed
- expected job prospects
- what workers do on the job
- working conditions
The OhioLINK Library Catalog is a virtual statewide library listing items owned by OhioLINK libraries. The catalog provides bibliographic descriptions and indicates where copies are located and whether copies are available. Resources include: books, journals and periodicals, audiovisual materials, sound recordings, electronic resources, government documents, archives and manuscripts, maps, and music scores.
"For over 15 years the earlier editions of the Reference Manual for Telecommunications have been regarded as essential design tools for engineers and technicians involved in every facet of communications technology. To stay abreast of the numerous changes the telecommunications industry has witnessed in recent years, the Manual has grown with the technology. This new completely revised and updated Third Edition has been expanded to a two-volume set featuring over 3500 pages of the latest information on designing, building, purchasing, using, and maintaining telecommunications systems.
This Third Edition of the Reference Manual for Telecommunications Engineering provides a wealth of new and revised tables, figures, nomograms, formulas, statistics, standards, regulations, and explanatory text required for the daily professional needs of telecommunications engineers, managers, and technicians. Gathering a wide range of carefully selected information from industry, government, and academia, this central source of telecommunications information eliminates the need for other references, both print and electronic, by providing a huge supply of data in one convenient package.
Covering everything from digital networks to wireless communications to enterprise networks, the new edition of the Reference Manual provides engineers and technicians with essential interface information. Major emphasis is placed on the latest practices and standards prepared by the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Bellcore Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers (IEEE) American National Standards Institute (ANSI) as well as additional worldwide industrial and military sources.SPECIAL FEATURES
- Developed to function as the single source for vital design, trouble-shooting, interface, and operational data for the various disciplines encompassing telecommunications
- Distills the most vital data, curves, and tables provided by a multitude of telecommunications books, periodicals, standards, and "white" papers into a single accessible source.
- Encompasses varied materials sources representing every major standards-setting activity in the world as well as user-forums and user groups, such as the militaries of the United States and NATO.
- Easy-to-use format arranges material into 41 logically organized subject areas designed for instant access and application.
- The data is augmented by the inclusion of tutorial text information to assist the reader in working through unfamiliar areas.
- Updated, revised, and expanded to cover numerous advances in the industry since the Second Edition
- Features 2000 graphs and figures Provides an exhaustive index, acronym and abbreviation list, and extensive cross-referencing to allow the reader quick access to vital information.
All data sources in the Manual are well identified to assist in further research." from publisher's web site
Science Reference TK5102.5 .F68 2002
- "Discusses the fundamentals, technologies, and applications at the heart of modern wireless communications
- Includes four rewritten chapters, six entirely new chapters, and over 40 heavily updated chapters
- Covers applications and systems, passive and active technologies, and circuits, measurements, and modeling
- Provides contributions by leading experts from industry and academia
- Discusses electromagnetic propagation at RF and microwave frequencies
By 1990 the wireless revolution had begun. In late 2000, Mike Golio gave the world a significant tool to use in this revolution: The RF and Microwave Handbook. Since then, wireless technology spread across the globe with unprecedented speed, fueled by 3G and 4G mobile technology and the proliferation of wireless LANs. Updated to reflect this tremendous growth, the second edition of this widely embraced, bestselling handbook divides its coverage conveniently into a set of three books, each focused on a particular aspect of the technology. Six new chapters cover WiMAX, broadband cable, bit error ratio (BER) testing, high-power PAs (power amplifiers), heterojunction bipolar transistors (HBTs), as well as an overview of microwave engineering." from publisher's web site
Science TK7876 .R487 2008
"With the fast-moving technology related to aerospace engineering, new terms are created and others become redundant almost weekly. The updated SAE Dictionary of Aerospace Engineering dictionary, designed specifically for the aerospace engineer, provides extensive coverage of technical terms related to aerospace technology." from publisher's web site
Science Reference TL509 .S24 1998
"The completely updated and expanded 2008-2009 Edition provides key biographical facts on the more than 40,000 men and women leading today’s scientific and technological revolution. You’ll find the exclusive “life records,” including personal data, achievements, discoveries, research findings, patents, and career histories of today’s leaders from all areas of pure and applied science and engineering including:
- Chemical engineering
- Computer science
- Electrical engineering
- Information science
- Life sciences
- Materials engineering
- Physical sciences
- Social sciences
- Systems engineering
Science Reference Q141 .W576
"The Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is a unique, comprehensive reference work that defines the entire discipline, bringing together the core knowledge from every one of the many specialties encompassed by electrical and electronics engineering. It is the ideal starting point for research projects, whether addressing basic questions in power systems and communications, or learning advanced applications in neural networks and robotics." from publisher's web site
Science Reference TK9 .E53 1999
WorldCat is the OCLC union catalog, containing more than 43 million records describing books and other items owned by libraries around the world. Each record contains library holdings. WorldCat covers thousands of subjects and includes records for items as far back as 1000 B.C. Materials covered in the catalog include: books, internet resources, computer data files, computer programs, films, journals, magazines, manuscripts, maps, musical scores, newspapers, slides, sound recordings, and videotapes. WorldCat does not include individual article titles or stories in journals, magazines, newspapers, or book chapters.