The Control Handbook, Second Edition brilliantly organizes cutting-edge contributions from more than 200 leading experts representing every corner of the globe. They cover everything from basic closed-loop systems to multi-agent adaptive systems and from the control of electric motors to the control of complex networks. Progressively organized, the three volume set includes:
- Control System Fundamentals
- Control System Applications
- Control System Advanced Methods
Any practicing engineer, student, or researcher working in fields as diverse as electronics, aeronautics, or biomedicine will find this handbook to be a time-saving resource filled with invaluable formulas, models, methods, and innovative thinking. In fact, any physicist, biologist, mathematician, or researcher in any number of fields developing or improving products and systems will find the answers and ideas they need. As with the first edition, the new edition not only stands as a record of accomplishment in control engineering but provides researchers with the means to make further advances. from publisher's web site
Science Reference TJ213 .C642 2011
"DiscoverCircuits.com, has 27,000+ electronic circuits. The electronic schematics are carefully cross-referenced into 500+ categories. As a vital resource for engineers, hobbyists, inventors & consultants, the site's collection of information will help you find quick design ideas to electronic design problems." from web site
- "Employs a tutorial-style approach to enable quick and easy reference for power engineers while making the concepts readily accessible to engineers in other fields
- Includes new information reflecting developments in areas such as direct analysis of wide area dynamics
- Contains 19 chapters new to this edition, half of which appear for the first time in print
- Reflects international standards and practices, not limited to those of North America
A reference at once so elemental and so comprehensive, The Electric Power Engineering Handbook not only describes the field’s body of knowledge, but defines it. Written by expert contributors under the leadership of one of the world’s most respected and accomplished authorities in power engineering, the second edition remains the undisputed guide to power generation, transmission, and distribution, as well as for modeling, analyzing, planning, designing, monitoring, and controlling power systems. This fully updated edition is now available as a set of five books, each focused on a particular area of expertise.
The handbook’s first edition spawned two bestselling specialist works, Electric Power Transformer Engineering and Electric Power Substations Engineering, each of which included new material not found in the handbook. For this edition, these highly popular progeny rejoin the handbook, supplying ten additional chapters. Along with updates to nearly every chapter, several rewritten articles, and new material added to existing sections, this edition features nine entirely new chapters on such areas as environmental effects of transmission systems, substation asset management, substation commissioning, distribution system characteristics and protection, real-time control of distributed generation, and flexible AC transmission system (FACTS) controllers.
Retaining its unique tutorial style, The Electric Power Engineering Handbook, Second Edition prevails as a monument to the decades of ingenuity and tireless efforts of power engineers around the world." from publisher's web site
Science TK1001 .E398 2007
"For ease of use, this edition has been divided into the following subject sections: general principles; materials and processes; control, power electronics and drives; environment; power generation; transmission and distribution; power systems; sectors of electricity use. New chapters and major revisions include: industrial instrumentation; digital control systems; programmable controllers; electronic power conversion; environmental control; hazardous area technology; electromagnetic compatibility; alternative energy sources; alternating current generators; electromagnetic transients; power system planning; reactive power plant and FACTS controllers; electricity economics and trading; power quality." from publisher's web site
- "Provides the most comprehensive and authoritative reference available on all areas of electrical engineering
- Comprises the latest work of foremost experts from all areas of electrical engineering
- Presents each article with consistent quality, authority, and level of technical sophistication Maintains consistency with IEEE reader
- Includes new discussions in areas such as nanotechnology, fuel cells, embedded systems, and biometrics
In two editions spanning more than a decade, The Electrical Engineering Handbook stands as the definitive reference to the multidisciplinary field of electrical engineering. Our knowledge continues to grow, and so does the Handbook. For the third edition, it has grown into a set of six books carefully focused on specialized areas or fields of study. Each one represents a concise yet definitive collection of key concepts, models, and equations in its respective domain, thoughtfully gathered for convenient access. Combined, they constitute the most comprehensive, authoritative resource available.
Circuits, Signals, and Speech and Image Processing presents all of the basic information related to electric circuits and components, analysis of circuits, the use of the Laplace transform, as well as signal, speech, and image processing using filters and algorithms. It also examines emerging areas such as text to speech synthesis, real-time processing, and embedded signal processing.
Electronics, Power Electronics, Optoelectronics, Microwaves, Electromagnetics, and Radar delves into the fields of electronics, integrated circuits, power electronics, optoelectronics, electromagnetics, light waves, and radar, supplying all of the basic information required for a deep understanding of each area. It also devotes a section to electrical effects and devices and explores the emerging fields of microlithography and power electronics.
Sensors, Nanoscience, Biomedical Engineering, and Instruments provides thorough coverage of sensors, materials and nanoscience, instruments and measurements, and biomedical systems and devices, including all of the basic information required to thoroughly understand each area. It explores the emerging fields of sensors, nanotechnologies, and biological effects.
Broadcasting and Optical Communication Technology explores communications, information theory, and devices, covering all of the basic information needed for a thorough understanding of these areas. It also examines the emerging areas of adaptive estimation and optical communication.
Computers, Software Engineering, and Digital Devices examines digital and logical devices, displays, testing, software, and computers, presenting the fundamental concepts needed to ensure a thorough understanding of each field. It treats the emerging fields of programmable logic, hardware description languages, and parallel computing in detail.
Systems, Controls, Embedded Systems, Energy, and Machines explores in detail the fields of energy devices, machines, and systems as well as control systems. It provides all of the fundamental concepts needed for thorough, in-depth understanding of each area and devotes special attention to the emerging area of embedded systems.
Encompassing the work of the world's foremost experts in their respective specialties, The Electrical Engineering Handbook, Third Edition remains the most convenient, reliable source of information available. This edition features the latest developments, the broadest scope of coverage, and new material on nanotechnologies, fuel cells, embedded systems, and biometrics. The engineering community has relied on the Handbook for more than twelve years, and it will continue to be a platform to launch the next wave of advancements."from publisher's web site
Science Reference TK145 .E354 2006
- "Includes an extensive glossary for every chapter
- Extensive list of important formulas and theorems related to the field
- Complete explanations and descriptions of every algorithm
- Many reference pages to web connections are included throughout the book
The importance of discrete mathematics has increased dramatically within the last few years but until now, it has been difficult-if not impossible-to find a single reference book that effectively covers the subject. To fill that void, The Handbook of Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics presents a comprehensive collection of ready reference material for all of the important areas of discrete mathematics, including those essential to its applications in computer science and engineering. Its topics include:
- Logic and foundations
- Number theory
- Abstract and linear algebra
- Graph theory
- Networks and optimization
- Cryptography and coding
- Combinatorial designs
- Many glossaries of important terms
- Lists of important theorems and formulas
- Numerous examples that illustrate terms and concepts
- Helpful descriptions of algorithms
- Summary tables
- Citations of Web pages that supplement the text
If you have ever had to find information from discrete mathematics in your work-or just out of curiosity-you probably had to search through a variety of books to find it. Never again. The Handbook of Discrete Mathematics is now available and has virtually everything you need-everything important to both theory and practice." from publisher's web site
Science Reference QA164 .H36 2000
"The vast majority of control systems built today are embedded; that is, they rely on built-in, special-purpose digital computers to close their feedback loops. Embedded systems are common in aircraft, factories, chemical processing plants, and even in cars—a single high-end automobile may contain over eighty different computers. In such settings, controllers often use shared networks to communicate with each other and with large numbers of sensors and actuators scattered throughout the system. The design of embedded controllers and of the intricate, automated communication networks that support them raises many new questions—practical, as well as theoretical—about network protocols, compatibility of operating systems, and ways to maximize the effectiveness of the embedded hardware.
The Handbook of Networked and Embedded Control Systems, the first of its kind, provides engineers, computer scientists, mathematicians, and students a broad, comprehensive source of information and technology to address many questions and aspects of embedded and networked control. A carefully organized collection of important results, tools, software, and technology, this work unifies into a single reference many scattered articles, websites, and specification sheets—information that might otherwise be difficult to find.Key topics and features include:
- Self-contained, sharply-focused articles; readers have easy access to specific answers to questions without having to read hundreds of pages
- Clear structure and presentation of concepts in intuitive order
- Separation of material into six main sections—Fundamentals, Hardware, Software, Theory, Networking, and Applications
- Case studies, experiments, and examples that provide a multifaceted view of the subject, encompassing computation and communication considerations
- Information about commercially available tools and hardware
- Comprehensive bibliographies and index
This is an indispensable text for anyone interested in knowing more about embedded and networked control systems. Researchers will appreciate the handbook’s up-to-date results in the theory of embedded control; developers and users will value its information on special-purpose computer hardware and operating systems modifications that support real-time control; students will find the systematic organization and wide coverage useful for learning and reference." from publisher's web site
Science TK7895.E42 H29 2005
Knovel has gathered together, on a single powerful research platform, over 800 essential reference books and databases from the world's leading scientific publishers and professional societies in 18 industrially important subject areas.
"Instrumentation, Systems, Controls, and MEMS is comprised of two major parts, conveniently put together because feedback control systems require measurement transducers. The first part covers instrumentation, including transducer design, strain gages, flow meters, digital integrated circuits, and issues involved in processing transducer signals and acquiring and displaying data. The second part addresses systems and control, including:
- Control system design, analysis, and performance modification
- Design of servoactuators, controllers, and general-purpose control devices
- "New departures" in mechanical engineering, including neural networks, mechatronics, and MEMS "
"For hundreds of different types of jobs, the Occupational Outlook Handbook tells you:
- the training and education needed
- expected job prospects
- what workers do on the job
- working conditions
"For over 15 years the earlier editions of the Reference Manual for Telecommunications have been regarded as essential design tools for engineers and technicians involved in every facet of communications technology. To stay abreast of the numerous changes the telecommunications industry has witnessed in recent years, the Manual has grown with the technology. This new completely revised and updated Third Edition has been expanded to a two-volume set featuring over 3500 pages of the latest information on designing, building, purchasing, using, and maintaining telecommunications systems.
This Third Edition of the Reference Manual for Telecommunications Engineering provides a wealth of new and revised tables, figures, nomograms, formulas, statistics, standards, regulations, and explanatory text required for the daily professional needs of telecommunications engineers, managers, and technicians. Gathering a wide range of carefully selected information from industry, government, and academia, this central source of telecommunications information eliminates the need for other references, both print and electronic, by providing a huge supply of data in one convenient package.
Covering everything from digital networks to wireless communications to enterprise networks, the new edition of the Reference Manual provides engineers and technicians with essential interface information. Major emphasis is placed on the latest practices and standards prepared by the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Bellcore Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers (IEEE) American National Standards Institute (ANSI) as well as additional worldwide industrial and military sources.SPECIAL FEATURES
- Developed to function as the single source for vital design, trouble-shooting, interface, and operational data for the various disciplines encompassing telecommunications
- Distills the most vital data, curves, and tables provided by a multitude of telecommunications books, periodicals, standards, and "white" papers into a single accessible source.
- Encompasses varied materials sources representing every major standards-setting activity in the world as well as user-forums and user groups, such as the militaries of the United States and NATO.
- Easy-to-use format arranges material into 41 logically organized subject areas designed for instant access and application.
- The data is augmented by the inclusion of tutorial text information to assist the reader in working through unfamiliar areas.
- Updated, revised, and expanded to cover numerous advances in the industry since the Second Edition
- Features 2000 graphs and figures Provides an exhaustive index, acronym and abbreviation list, and extensive cross-referencing to allow the reader quick access to vital information.
All data sources in the Manual are well identified to assist in further research." from publisher's web site
Science Reference TK5102.5 .F68 2002
- "Discusses the fundamentals, technologies, and applications at the heart of modern wireless communications
- Includes four rewritten chapters, six entirely new chapters, and over 40 heavily updated chapters
- Covers applications and systems, passive and active technologies, and circuits, measurements, and modeling
- Provides contributions by leading experts from industry and academia
- Discusses electromagnetic propagation at RF and microwave frequencies
By 1990 the wireless revolution had begun. In late 2000, Mike Golio gave the world a significant tool to use in this revolution: The RF and Microwave Handbook. Since then, wireless technology spread across the globe with unprecedented speed, fueled by 3G and 4G mobile technology and the proliferation of wireless LANs. Updated to reflect this tremendous growth, the second edition of this widely embraced, bestselling handbook divides its coverage conveniently into a set of three books, each focused on a particular aspect of the technology. Six new chapters cover WiMAX, broadband cable, bit error ratio (BER) testing, high-power PAs (power amplifiers), heterojunction bipolar transistors (HBTs), as well as an overview of microwave engineering." from publisher's web site
Science TK7876 .R487 2008