Alaska Volcano Observatory - AVO Online Library contains:
- "4299 references pertinent to Quaternary volcanism in Alaska
- The most complete bibliography for Alaska volcano information: contains scholarly articles, AVO publications, student theses, as well as critical newspaper accounts and historical (1840-1950) references."
"The SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS) is a Digital Library portal for researchers in Astronomy and Physics, operated by the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (SAO) under a NASA grant. The ADS maintains three bibliographic databases containing more than 8.8 million records: Astronomy and Astrophysics, Physics, and arXiv e-prints. The main body of data in the ADS consists of bibliographic records, which are searchable through highly customizable query forms, and full-text scans of much of the astronomical literature which can be browsed or searched via our full-text search interface. Integrated in its databases, the ADS provides access and pointers to a wealth of external resources, including electronic articles, data catalogs and archives. We currently have links to over 8.9 million records maintained by our collaborators." from web site
EI Engineering Village is a cross database searching service offering a wide range of resources covering applied science and engineering , where we can access Compendex using EV. Compendex contains references and abstracts from some 5,000 engineering journals , conferences and technical reports covering all engineering disciplines. Online coverage is from 1884 to date.
See Ohio Geological survey for maps, data sets, and more. See other divisions via the Ohio Department of Natural Resources Web Site
"The Science Accelerator empowers you to search, via a single query, important information resources of the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE's) scientific and technical information. These resources contain the results of DOE research and development (R&D) projects and programs, descriptions of R&D projects under way or recently completed, major R&D accomplishments, and recent research of interest to DOE. The Science Accelerator can be used to search:
- Electronic full-text research reports (including DOE scientific and technical information)
- Energy citations (millions of them, going back to the Manhattan Project era)
- Ongoing research project summaries (what's happening right now in DOE science research)
- Wonderful DOE accomplishments in science
- E-prints (journal article pre-publication drafts, scholarly papers, and more)
- Proceedings and papers from science conferences
- More resources"
"Science.gov is a gateway to government science information and research results. Currently in its fifth generation, Science.gov provides a search of over 36 scientific databases and 200 million pages of science information with just one query, and is a gateway to 1,850+ scientific Websites.
The content for Science.gov is contributed by participating agencies committed to serving the information needs of the science-attentive citizen, including science professionals, students and teachers, and the business community." from web site
"The Publications Warehouse contains:
- Bibliographic citations for over 70,000 publications
- Full product and thematic map content for over 40,000 publications
- USGS numbered series begun in 1880
- Locate products by author, title, year, or product type
- Locate products recently published by USGS, by month
- Discover availability, price, and purchase options for hard copies"