"Every engineer and every library should own a copy of this comprehensive materials dictionary It features 10,000 authoritative entries (arranged from A to Z), covering materials , processes , and concepts related to ferrous and nonferrous metals , plastics , ceramics , composites , and adhesives . Also included are 64 Technical Briefs that provide encyclopedia-type coverage of key material groups." from publisher's web site
Science Reference TA402 .A86 1992
Identify generic, trade-named, or trademarked materials. Materials include metallics, polymers, ceramics, composites, wood, textiles, adhesives, abrasives, and electronics.
Science Reference TA402 .K43 2004
- "Access to over 39,000 standards terms, online and up-to-date;
- Presented in HTML format;
- Complete source citations of definitions;
- Relevant across many technology areas;
- 24/7 access for increased productivity;
- Hyperlinked cross-references to other terms and standards;
- Updated quarterly;
- Tied to IEEE Xplore search engine to display related standards products based on what is searched;
- Search by keyword; or browse alphabetically, by technology area, or by standard number."
"With the fast-moving technology related to aerospace engineering, new terms are created and others become redundant almost weekly. The updated SAE Dictionary of Aerospace Engineering dictionary, designed specifically for the aerospace engineer, provides extensive coverage of technical terms related to aerospace technology." from publisher's web site
Science Reference TL509 .S24 1998