Gale literary references reach back 20 to 30 years—taken together as print, they could fill 230 feet of shelf space! But now, hundreds of volumes are digitized and ready to read with Literature Criticism Online. The net result is tens of thousands of hard-to-find essays at your fingertips. It’s all designed to raise the level of research while providing the around-the-clock remote access that today’s researchers demand.
- Children’s Literature Review - From Louisa May Alcott to Judy Blume, the most popular and influential authors of the genre are assessed through criticism of their major works.
- Contemporary Literary Criticism - A reference staple! Each volume profiles influential writers via excerpted passages from selected criticism. "An indispensable source for both public and academic libraries." —ARBA
- Literature Criticism 1400-1800 - This authoritative resource on the greatest writers of the late Middle Ages, the Renaissance and the Restoration eras fulfills a need for information on historical periods, literary trends and topics, and the achievements of noteworthy individuals.
- Nineteenth-Century Literature Criticism - Each volume presents overviews of four to eight authors of 1800 through 1899 with chronologically arranged criticism representing the entire range of response to each author.
- Poetry Criticism - Support students and enhance the understanding of poetry lovers with this collection of biographical sketches, author portraits, primary bibliographies and much more.
- Shakespeare Criticism - This comprehensive survey of the Bard includes general and specific critical interpretations from the 17th century to the present.
- Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism - This highly useful series presents substantial excerpts from the best criticism on the major literary figures and nonfiction writers of 1900 to 1999—the era most frequently studied in high schools.