Background Notes are frequently updated publications from the U.S. State Department for virtually every country in the world. Each section includes topics such as the following:
- Population and notes
- History and political conditions
- The economy and recent economic trends
- Foreign relations
- Relations with the United States
- Travel and business information
The suite includes the online version of the CQ Researcher. Also available is an online version of the CQ Weekly, covering the years 1983 to the present. The set also inlcudes four subject-specific reference databases: CQ Press Congress Collection, CQ Press Supreme Court Collection, CQ Press Public Affairs Collection, and CQ Press Voting and Elections Collection, each a destination of its own. With enhanced content and advanced search functionality, CQEL offers online editions of eight essential reference books: California Political Almanac, Congress and the Nation, the Historic Documents series, Political Handbook of the World, Politics in America, Supreme Court Yearbook, Vital Statistics on American Politics, and the Washington Information Directory. CQEL also includes the foundational reference resource, CQ Press Encyclopedia of American Government.
CQ Press Political Reference Suite of Online Editions integrates many of CQ Press's acclaimed reference titles on government and politics into a user-friendly, electronic format that offers a number of Web-enabled features that makes navigating this wealth of content intuitive and easy.
"The U.S. Government Printing Office disseminates official information from all three branches of the Federal Government." from web site
GPO Access includes large collections of materials related to the current and recent activity of the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the federal government.
- The Legislative Process: Creating Laws for the Nation
- Congressional Materials: Committees, Calendars, & Procedures
- Legislative Resources from Congress and Legislative Agencies
- The Regulatory Process: Implementing Laws Passed by Congress
- Presidential Material: Remarks, Speeches, & Executive Orders
- Executive Publications: Reports, Investigations, Findings, etc.
- Federal Courts: Resolve Disputes over Federal Law
- Judicial Resources: Federal Publications and Procedures