English Composition I & II
Some of the databases listed on this page are for University of Akron students, faculty and staff only.
- Citation Style for Research Papers - APA: psychology, education, and other social sciences. MLA: literature, arts, and humanities. AMA: medicine, health, and biological sciences. Turabian: designed for college students to use with all subjects. Chicago: used with all subjects in the "real world" by books, magazines, newspapers, and other non-scholarly publications.
- Merriam-Webster Online - Online resource with comprehensive dictionary and thesaurus
- World Almanac - Full text of several World Almanac publications.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online - Full text of the Encyclopædia Britannica.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia - Over 25,000 encyclopedic entries. Includes or has links to full text.
- Oxford English Dictionary - Historical dictionary of the English language.
- Academic Search Complete - Academic Search Complete, designed specifically for academic institutions, is the world's most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 5,300 full-text periodicals, including 4,400 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 9,300 journals and a total of 10,900 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1865, with the majority of full text titles in native (searchable) PDF format.
- LexisNexis Academic - Full text news, business, legal, medical, and reference information. Includes or has links to full text.
- NewsBank Newspapers - Online full-text newspapers, including 17 Ohio newspapers. Includes or has links to full text.
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center - Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center draws on the acclaimed social issues series published by Greenhaven Press, as well as core reference content from other Gale and Macmillan Reference USA sources to provide a complete one-stop source for information on social issues. Access viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, links to websites, and full-text magazine and newspaper articles.
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection - Index, abstracts, and full text covering topics such as emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry and psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational and experimental methods. Includes or has links to full text.