CREATIVE DESIGN PROCESS AND PRACTICE FUNDAMENTALS FOR BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS
INTRODUCTION TO THE IMPORTANCE OF THE CREATIVE PROCESS
• What is design process and does it add value to your company or organization?
• How design process is used to create and maintain brands.
• Understanding the difference between brand and brand Identity.
• Identify the problem. Introduction to creative briefs and their role in the design process.
EFFECTIVELY CREATING AND INTEGRATING A CREATIVE BRIEF
• Review and create cohesive organization specific creative brief
• Clarify goals and positioning
• Perform preliminary research
• Review and understand brand standards
CREATIVE EXPLORATION TECHNIQUES AND CONSIDERATIONS
• Project introduction: provided case study (creative brief)
• Brainstorming techniques (word association)
• Visual exploration techniques (thumbnail sketching)
• Idea/mood board development (image gathering, competition research, etc.)
CREATIVE CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT- PART I
• Analysis of creative exploration (adding or elimination direction)
• Generate refined pencil sketches (3 concepts)
• Identify specific form and function requirements
• Identify specific branding requirements (logos, typography, imagery, etc.)
CREATIVE CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT- PART II
• Refine sketches
• Revisit creative brief and brand standards to ensure alignment with goals
• Identify production needs and requirements
EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATING CREATIVE RATIONALE
• Learn to support your ideas verbally by using creative/branding terminology
• How did you solve the problem?
CREATIVE CONCEPT REFINEMENT AND PRESENTATION TECHNIQUES
• Move to the computer (colorizing sketches, environmental renderings, etc.)
• Physical preparation of idea boards (PDFs, mounting on boards, working comps, etc.)
CREATIVE CONCEPT PRESENTATIONS
• Final concept presentations (idea board and final concepts with rationale)
• Critique and review
• Closing thoughts and discussion
Thu; Feb 7-Mar 28
Registration is simple and easy! To register for any of these courses at MCUC, please click here!
<--go back and select a different Training Category.
Medina County University Center
6300 Technology Lane, Medina, OH 44256
ph 330.721.2210 fax 330.721.2235